Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Blog Theme

What is the best theme for personal blogs? I have couple of sites but not related to online marketing, however i would get started. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm also curious. There are so many to choose from
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM
WAHM Regular

I like flexx professional for wordpress
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
WAHM Regular

I love the Studiopress themes (Genesis + childtheme). They have a lot of different childthemes so you'll definitely be able to find a great theme for whatever niche you're working in

Leslie
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM
WAHM Fanatic

It all depends your style and what features you would like on there. I personally just went tested out at least 10 themes before I found what fitted my niche and was to my liking
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Thesis theme is what I would recommend due to it's flexibility. A clean and savvy theme is good but make sure that you have great content as well. A nice theme is nothing without high quality content.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered WAHM

As a graphic designer (and new member to WAHM), I can help in this area, but I'd need to know more information such as what the topic of the blog is about as well as what kind of impression you're wanting to give your audience.

I also recommend Blogger over Wordpress. Blogger allows more freedom to make your blog look more personal as a site/blog rather than restricting the url as simply a "blog". But that's the personal preference of the author.

I'll help anyway I can.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered WAHM

I'm curious why you say "Blogger allows more freedom to make your blog look more personal as a site/blog rather than restricting the url as simply a "blog"." This couldn't be further from the truth. I set up websites all the time and set them up on the top domain. Most of my websites are built on the Wordpress platform and the customers love them and don't even realize they are built on a blogging platform. I build many sites that are both using a static page as the main URL page.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Roxanne View Post
I'm curious why you say "Blogger allows more freedom to make your blog look more personal as a site/blog rather than restricting the url as simply a "blog"." This couldn't be further from the truth. I set up websites all the time and set them up on the top domain. Most of my websites are built on the Wordpress platform and the customers love them and don't even realize they are built on a blogging platform. I build many sites that are both using a static page as the main URL page.
Which theme do you like best for your static websites? I want to do this too but I have no idea which theme would be best.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM
WAHM Regular

i'd recommend the genesis framework and then you can find a nice theme that you like... this is for wordpress self-hosted blogs

Tags
blog themes for im