Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Question Blog Opt-In giveaway opinions needed please

Hi!

(I originally posted this question in Business Advice topics but I am thinking maybe this area would be more appropriate and provide more responses.)

I have a blog and I have an opt-in giveaway available when people go to my site. (Happy Mommy Power Pack in my signature below.)

Anyway, apparently, in general, the books that I am offering as an opt-in gift are not appealing as I don't have many people signing up to receive them.

I would really like some opinions and ideas on things that you might like to see as a free opt-in gift.

I have access to tons of free information I can give away and I am capable of creating just about any information product so the options are pretty wide ranging.

Right now I am giving away three books:

179 Forward Steps - Motivation
Raising Confident Kids
Increasing Your Happiness Vibes

Please do not feel the need to sign up. I am sincerely looking for advice, not sign ups.

If you would like to provide your opinion about the books themselves I will be happy to PM the link directly to the books to you. No sign up needed. (I would post it here if I could but I'm pretty confident that I am not allowed.)

I would love any and all opinions on what could improve the offer and encourage people to sign up. I am completely open to changing the offer completely.

Do you think people would be more likely to sign up for the Perfect Spa Day at Home ebook or Meditation tips, etc?

I want to make sure I'm offering something that people would really want and enjoy.

I would really appreciate any (friendly) input.

Thanks so much,

Windy
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Writely Applied

It might not be the freebie itself. Do you know what the traffic is on your cool stuff/freebies (resources) page? Maybe they are hesitant to sign up on first visit. Have the site remember visitors and prompt again after their next visit after x amount of days. OR change the location of the pop-up to the freebies page to test.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

This is a personal preference but if I go to a site and I'm hit with a pop-up asking me to sign up before anything else I leave the site. I don't want to have ti sign up for anything before looking around and even though I can close the pop-up and still enjoy your site I won't go that far.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 AM
WAHM Regular

starbirdy66 - Switching it to the giveaway page is a good idea, I'll have to check into that. My traffic is slow right now, still working on that and I'm sure that is part of the problem, need more traffic to really analyze response rates.

dlandry - I feel this way sometimes too but my mentor says this is the best and most successful way to build my list. So I think for now I'm going to stick with it, my bounce rates are good so even if people are just closing it for now it looks like they are sticking around. If bounce rates increase I will definitely kill the pop-up. I agree, thanks.

Thank you both so much for your honest and helpful feedback. I really appreciate it!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Windydavis Pop Up's work in different ways & they are great for capturing people's information, what is annoying to me is to go to someones blog & this big huge pop up shows up right when I visit their site, so what I do is set my time on my pop up to (2) minutes & it pop's up exactly (2) minutes after someone has been on my blog.

And if they don't want to sign up then they can always hit the X button

I set the timer up this way so that it won't annoy people to get them to opt in as soon as they visit my site.

As far as a freebie there are several different things you can do:

Ebooks, Video Trainings, Giveaways, or just any tools you feel like would be beneficial to them in any kind of way!

You could research other blogs in your niche, visit them & see what their giveaways are

Hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks tburton. Good point. I increased the pop-up delay for my opt-in box.

Appreciate the input!