Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I used Google Adsense years ago and never made much and then personally decided I wanted to keep people on my blog to see other things I was promoting that made more money. Once they clicked that ad, they were gone from my site and off into internet wonderland
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

I do use AdSense and do make quite a significant amount of money through it. I write at a blogging platform called HubPages and use my AdSense ID over there and earn through that, as well as the HubPages Ad Program, which is their own earnings program.

You can make money through AdSense, but it isn't quick money. You have got to be patient and keep writing good content that people online are searching for. Personal blogging entries won't get you any traffic or earn you anything. Informative "How To" posts work very well.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Over the years I have done very well with AdSense. It really depends on the type of website you have.
I often use a combination of AdSense and affiliate marketing and it has worked out nicely.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:29 PM
WAHM Regular

I've had good experiences and so-so experiences with Adsense. I make money - a lot of it off the ads on YouTube videos but it's just a trickle. In the past, I've had websites where I made $30 a month but I hear people say they make thousands a month sometimes - wouldn't that be nice.

Ad placement is a big factor. When you place an ad in the middle of an article it's more likely to get hits but I hate doing that because I think it interferes with the experience of reading the post.

You have to decide how far you're willing to go to make a few extra dollars - the more ads you place, the better chance you'll have that someone will click, but too many ads could drive readers away.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy3 View Post
Thanks this is helpful! I think I got it set up and will hopefully get approved this time, I wasn't approved because I didn't have enough content.
So never mind, It hates me! Anyone have problems getting their blog approved!? My blog is with Blogger.

Last edited by Kristy3; 03-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I make money with Google AdSense. I remember last year before Google Panda hit, I was making over $100 a month with AdSense. Now I'm making about $10-$20 a month.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 AM
WAHMder Woman

Default Not enough content

As beautiful as my website is, they claim I do not have enough content. I guess linking to my blog from my website doesn't count. Anyone have any idea how many full pages of text I need on my website in order to qualify for Adsense?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 AM
WAHM Regular

I don`t have a number for you. But focus on the content for a couple of months and apply again. There are other networks out there as well that you can use.

media.net and yahoo/bing ads are two other alternatives.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefamilycare View Post
As beautiful as my website is, they claim I do not have enough content. I guess linking to my blog from my website doesn't count. Anyone have any idea how many full pages of text I need on my website in order to qualify for Adsense?
On HubPages, where I write, they suggest you do this and I quote from there,

"We recommend publishing at least ten high quality Hubs (entirely original, filled with useful, well-formatted information, containing at least 800 words and at least two images) before signing up for AdSense."

How Do I Sign Up for Google AdSense on HubPages?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I use google adsense on some of my blogs and it does okay, but there are other money making methods that work much better. What I do like about adsense is that it can be also used as a search engine for your site and then you can make money from the search results. I currently do that on geekmom.net and I do make money on it. In fact, I make more money doing that than the actual adsense banner itself. Oh, and the droid app on my site also has google adsense. It makes good money as well.