Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Blogging Question

I am new to blogging and wanted to ask a question or two if its okay.

1. I see a lot of people have a following button on their blogs how do they do it?

2. I wrote my blog about a single moms perspective working from home but I want to make my blogspot address shorter any ideas for a shortened name that will convey my theme?

3. how much interest do you think readers would be reading about a single mom juggling working from home, going to college part time and being solo parent to my daughter? advice please?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashblondegurl75 View Post
I am new to blogging and wanted to ask a question or two if its okay.

1. I see a lot of people have a following button on their blogs how do they do it?

2. I wrote my blog about a single moms perspective working from home but I want to make my blogspot address shorter any ideas for a shortened name that will convey my theme?

3. how much interest do you think readers would be reading about a single mom juggling working from home, going to college part time and being solo parent to my daughter? advice please?
1. If you're talking about the buttons for following on Facebook, Twitter and subscribing to the blogs, when I was on Blogger I made my own graphics and added them to a sidebar element and coded them to link to where I wanted them to.

2. To make your URL shorter you'll have to purchase your own domain for about $11 a year. Then instead of your address being yourblog . blogspot . com it would be yourblog . com (without the extra spaces).

3. If you make your posts interesting then you'll have readers, you might touch on problems they're also having and offer solutions they never thought of or they may need to feel they're not alone.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry View Post
If you make your posts interesting then you'll have readers...
I agree 100%. To attract readers you must post interesting, relevant content. But you also have to market your blog. Make a marketing plan and work it consistently.

Last edited by lindastacy; 12-16-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: removed extra word
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

I know that other single, stay at home moms would definitely love to read your website, but just as everyone else has discussed you have to make sure that you're content is very interesting & engaging.

People will definitely start relating to you when you show them that you are real & that you have flaws just like anybody else. Therefore if you want to discuss the challenges you deal with on a regular basis as well as how you tend to deal with stress then you'll start seeing people get connected to you.

I wrote a blog post a while back about how I dealt with the stress of working a job while building my business & I got a ton of readers that really enjoyed it.

I feel like they enjoyed it so much because a lot of them are probably dealing with this struggle as we speak.

With blogging you can definitely be yourself & let your personality shine through.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
WAHM Regular

1) It depends on what blog you have. Most people who have Wordpress blogs can just install social media plugins and there are heaps of them you can choose from. My Wordpress blog though had all the social plugins already built in.

2) As people above suggested, you can just buy a domain for about 10 bucks or so (around that) and then use forward domain masking to link the domain straight to your site. I use this technique and a custom domain for certain capture pages for sites that hate affiliate links.

3) Yes, that is definitely a topic that people would be interested in. The thing is though, there may be a lot of competition in that niche (there are a lot of WAHMs in that field) so you'll have to carefully select keywords that you can dominate. A combination organic and social traffic can put you in good position.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:

1. In blogspot, they have available sidebar widgets where you can use Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Blog follow button.

2.Once you have purchased your domain, then it'll be shortened according to your theme.

3. Write interesting content about your topic. You can let your readers know how you resolve being a working and student mom. Talk to your readers...
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Super WAHM

I use social buttons from The Largest Sharing and Social Data Platform. We Provide Twitter and Facebook Buttons, Custom Audience Targeting, and more. | AddThis. They have a lot of different options for social buttons and sharing your site.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Super WAHM

To answer your last question it would be good to find other single moms who work from home and try to learn from them and do research on what may interest them.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Keyword Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry View Post
3. If you make your posts interesting then you'll have readers, you might touch on problems they're also having and offer solutions they never thought of or they may need to feel they're not alone.
If you do a keyword research doing Googles KW tool, you'll find that the word SAHM has low competition and high volume global search. You're good to go with this one.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Along with good strategy, if we could post some photograph related to our post, it attracts readers and enhances the popularity of the post.

Last edited by lisarulzzfox; 01-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Tags
blogging advice