Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Should I blog?

I recently started working for Send Out Cards and was thinking about starting a blog about working from home. I am not looking to make money off of the blog. I just want to use the blog to help sell Send Out Cards. Is this a good idea? If yes, where would I go to start this kind of blog.

Thanks in advance
Carrie
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, blogging is a good way to promote things like this. Just remember, results won't happen overnight. It will take a little while to get your blog into the search engines. I recommend using Blogger if you are not that technical or Wordpress if you are technical. Good luck and have fun because blogging is fun!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Awesome WAHM

While I agree that blogging is a good way to promote your business, you might want to reconsider the topic. "Working from home" is a very competitive niche. There's nothing wrong with choosing a competitive niche if you know how to SEO it. But if you're just starting out online you might want to start with something easier to rank.

A topic that includes "send out cards" might do better for you. Something like "send out business cards" or "send out holiday cards" perhaps.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa0827 View Post
I recently started working for Send Out Cards and was thinking about starting a blog about working from home. I am not looking to make money off of the blog. I just want to use the blog to help sell Send Out Cards. Is this a good idea? If yes, where would I go to start this kind of blog.

Thanks in advance
Carrie
I would not recommend that you start a work from home blog. As a beginner it's going to be really hard in that competitive niche plus that is not going to help you sell the concept of Send Out Cards.

Now you could write a blog on the topic customer service in business. Write for businesses and share ideas and tips on how they can improve their customer service. That way you could at times incorporate your Send Out Cards service.

Just a thought!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Go for it. I really enjoy blogging. It keeps my mind working. As already mentioned above, it's not an overnight thing, unless you have some other avenues to promote it though, but if you put in the work you'll see results. Just make sure you write regularly and make sure the content quality is high, relevant and original
Old 10-23-2011, 05:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I would say to blog only if you have the time and commitment for it. Realize that blogging is a long-term commitment. Most writers don't see results from their blogs for at least six months, sometimes more.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badenglishmajor View Post
I would say to blog only if you have the time and commitment for it. Realize that blogging is a long-term commitment. Most writers don't see results from their blogs for at least six months, sometimes more.
THIS IS SO TRUE! I have seen so many bloggers upset they are not seeing results and just stop! My advice is blog about something that you love! Blog for you first and after building up your reader base maybe make a section on your blog to promote your business.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Blogging is a great idea. You can use your blog to promote your business and increase your customer base. I would definitely start a blog as soon as possible.