Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Work at Home Dads

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Soon to be WAHD questions

Hi. I'm not new to working from home, but I'm going to soon be a WAHD. Does anyone have any general or random advice?

I've heard stories from WAHM's and they tend to live in yoga pants/leggings mostly. Depending on where you are, these are also acceptable outside the house if needed. But what would the option be for WAHD's? I'm trying to find something I could wear that would be acceptable inside and outside the house, but as comfortable as yoga pants/leggings for WAHM's. I'd rather not have to wear jeans all day. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Grand WAHM

Wear something comfortable. Maybe shorts or sweatpants? I think it's easier to be productive when you are comfortable.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:57 AM
Super WAHM

Default Wahd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGudity View Post
Hi. I'm not new to working from home, but I'm going to soon be a WAHD. Does anyone have any general or random advice?

I've heard stories from WAHM's and they tend to live in yoga pants/leggings mostly. Depending on where you are, these are also acceptable outside the house if needed. But what would the option be for WAHD's? I'm trying to find something I could wear that would be acceptable inside and outside the house, but as comfortable as yoga pants/leggings for WAHM's. I'd rather not have to wear jeans all day. Any suggestions?

My other half prefers his cammo jammies or plain old sweat pants. However, getting up and getting ready for the day is important and you don't want to let working from home prevent you from taking care of you especially now that you will be a WAHD.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
I've been working from home partially for about 5 years and completely for the past year, so I'm pretty used to that part. Being the "D" part of WAHD will be what's new. I normally wear mesh shorts or jersey material pants during the day, but if I go out, I usually change to jeans. I could wear jeans during the day, but why should if I don't have to? I feel like I won't really have the luxury of changing (or really want to) when the time comes.

I've been hunting and I think I found something...
HVT Syba Pant | American Apparel

Also, would it be smart to have a M or MIL be around at first after my wife is off maternity leave so I can ease into it to work all the kinks out? (if I have that luxury?) Or just throw myself into the fire?
Jersey material pants, not terrycloth.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:46 AM
WAHM Master

I would say that if you're feeling a bit nervous or anxious once your wife's maternity leave is over, having a m or mil around some at first would help. If you have that luxury, I would accept the help. But you never know, the time may come and you may already feel like a pro on your own! Best wishes!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Just wear whatever is comfortable for you. Most things that are acceptable for at home are also acceptable for running errands. If you are doing anything else other than errands you will want to change anyway...
Old 10-26-2016, 04:44 AM
Super WAHM

Default It is up to you!

Wear what works best for you. I am not a fan of yoga pants but sweats are amazing. On days DH doesnt venture out of the house much, he wears shorts or pajama pants. It is all about what you feel comfy in!
Old 10-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Super WAHM

I wear my pajama pants most of the day... then midday I put on my workout shorts and get in a 30-45 min workout. After I my workout I put on a pair of shorts or sweatpants. (I'll wear jeans if I'm leaving the house.)

However, the "experts" recommend getting dressed up as if you're were going to an actual office. Thinking is you'll feel more professional and be more productive. I believe there is some truth to this and sometimes follow this advice.

Ultimately, do what is comfortable and works for you. If you're not leaving the house, and not going to be seen by anyone... PJs all say is fine if it doesn't make you feel like a slob.
FREE ACCESS to Beachbody's most popular workouts. P90x, Insanity, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Turbo Fire, T25, and much more! Click Here For Instant Streaming Access. *Learn How you can MAKE MONEY with this offer.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

I'd definitely stick to whatever is comfortable for you. I rarely leave the house when I'm working but wear jogging bottoms in case I need to pop to the shop at lunch time.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:

I would wear whatever your comfortable wearing. However, I would wear something you could leave the house in a moments notice. I have to even sleep in sweat pants, because my husband is in and out of the hospital all the time. When he gets sick, we have to leave in a moments notice. There is no time for me to out on nice clothes. My husband has COPD and Congestive Heart Failure, and has been hospital bound three times since August. He gets where he cannot breathe, and I hardly have time to get him to the hospital more or less dress.

I am looking to work more WAH jobs that I can log in and work and log out whenever I need too, instead of 9-5 phone jobs.