Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > WAHM Life > Work at Home Dads

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Super WAHM

I'm not a WAHD. My kids struck out on their own years ago, and have families now.

I am a mobile business because I enjoy traveling. Because of that, I dress as my mood determines, and in a manner that fits the activity.

In my home office I tend to wear lounge pants in winter, and jogging shorts in summer. Although I do put on a shirt when I'm recording videos most of the time.

When I run errands I normally wear jeans & shirt. Unless I have a formal meeting (which is extremely rare) I wear a suit.

When I'm out in my motorhome I wear shorts & Tshirt, or shorts & no shirt usually.

Basically what I recommend is to dress as the occasion dictates. And, as others said, go forth comfortably.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Registered WAHM

There's no rule on what to wear so just wear anything you're comfortable wearing. A t-shirt and short will do. It is up to you. Wear pajamas when if you feel wearing it on normal days at home.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:09 AM
WAHM Regular

I usually wear what I would normally wear if I were to go to a store or drop my kids off at school. I dress comfortably but not sloppy, because I tend to feel less productive if I don't feel somewhat put together. All depends on what personally makes you feel comfortable and productive!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Super WAHM

Default Why wear anything... in particular

This is an old thread. Not sure why the resurgence but what you can wear is a varied as the previous responses. So whoever is reading this, take note. Be yourself. I start many days out in a pair of gym shorts and a shirt after my normal morning grooming. I can run to the corner store, or other errands in that. If I need something a little dressier for a quick or pre-arranged meeting or other reasons it only takes 5 minutes to rerun a toothbrush and change clothes. I often change into jeans or slacks around mid-day whether I'm going out or not and with good reason. It sets a tone for me, and I'm still comfortable.

Lots of people will tell you wear what's comfortable but I recommend you take it one step further. The "I work from home in my jammies/boxers/yoga pants" line makes for an inviting picture but you need to remember one thing... whatever you're doing in your home based business still needs to bring positive results. WEAR WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL MOST PRODUCTIVE. I'm not shouting but I am stressing the point. Lots of people dressed for the workplace for many years, came home at the end of the day and slipped into something more leisurely. That mentality can carry over to your WAHD days. For some, the more leisurely and comfy the garb, the more lax one can be in tending to what needs to be done.
Epictetus
Old 04-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Registered WAHM

You can get lounge pants. They're a step above pajamas, a step below sweat pants, and can be worn outside.