Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Default What are the best WAH opps if you are desperate and money is needed quickly?

Hi,

I know there seem to be many WAH opportunities mentioned here. Many of them seem to take a while for getting hired or paid once you start working.

In my situation, I have been out of work since January 31st 2014. My physical health and depression had long overtaken me by that time. My job of 14 years had made many adjustments for me including putting me on FMLA. However I missed too many days not being able to work a 9-5 job anymore and they fired me on the last day of January last year. I then had a break and tried to jump off the parking garage.

After my attempt at suicide I had to go to inpatient and outpatient counseling. In short, my doctors and psychiatrist recommended I apply for disability, which I did. I lived this last year off of retirement money and cashed in 401K. On December 26th, the day after Christmas, I got a denial letter in the mail. I have appealed, but that could take a while and I am now completely broke with no income. I tried a few online money making opportunities which turned out to be scams last year. At this point, my bills and mortgages are past due, and I can't even afford to pay for my medicines.

What I need and am desperately looking for is some work I can do from home; on the computer. Something I can work my own hours since I can only work in short spurts. I am fully PC and Internet knowledgeable, and need something I can apply to quickly, get hired, and see some money coming in fairly quick.

I am in desperation mode at this point.

Thanks for any and all ideas in advance...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Two Options

I feel for your situation. I offer transcription training which can be done at home, but that will take time and you need money now.

These are not high-paying gigs, but you can start and earn quickly. The more you do, the more you'll make.

Fiverr: Think about what services you can offer right now. Be creative and read some of the descriptions of what others are offering in your area(s) of expertise.

MTurk: MTurk (owned and operated by Amazon) is a place where employers place small "micro" tasks for people to complete. It's a longer signing up process than Fiverr and the pay isn't great; however, the jobs are easy and quick to complete.

Of course, there are all of the other freelance sites, Elance, ODesk, etc. But, if you're looking to just get some cash coming through the door quickly, I would go with Fiverr and MTurk.

I wish you all the best. Everything will get better. I hope this helped in some small way.

Janet Shaughnessy
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Grand WAHM

I am very sorry to hear about your situation Invincer and I hope things improve for you very soon. A lot of us have different ways that we make money, and you can find a lot of support on this forum.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Invincer - good on you for asking for help and being proactive. A really heartbreaking scenario and I hope you are on the mend.

Just to confirm - you are unable to attend a workplace? Have you ever done anything entrepreneurial/own business?

Are you able bodied enough to do an offline entrepreneurial venture?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Registered WAHM

I don't see any way I can work in a workplace. At least two days a week I have a severe migraine that will literally incapacitate me for the day. Those are the days I am the worst. I can't stand or sit for very long, maybe 2-3 hours before needing a moderate rest. I have a herniated L5-S1 disk and neuropathy in my tailbone area which makes sitting normally excruciating, even with a neural implant. I have to sit sideways in a cushy chair so the tailbone isn't aggravated while working at the computer. The neuropathy was a result of having been a very large overweight person that developed diabetes and then having a gastric bypass that lost the weight and the diabetes with the neuropathy as a parting gift, it just didn't go down to the legs as 99% of most people that have it, it stayed in the tailbone area.

As for what my skills are, I am very skilled with both computer hardware and software. I am a certified Microsoft Office Expert - Master level, and I used to teach computer classes at the health system I worked at. My last few years at my job, I was a data outcomes analyst and manage responsible for the system dashboard, creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets, and various other statistical and computer related work. I have experience with websites and networking, and have turned in my resume to a few places trying to get some contract work where I can work when I am able to to work around health issues. Nobody wants to hire someone with as large a work gap of unemployment as I have, and the health systems and doctor's offices wouldn't even think of hiring me for anything since the word spread of my public suicide attempt last year.

The problem with an "entrepreneurial venture" is, from the very sound of the two words, I am guessing a monetary investment is needed; and I have zero money to put towards any venture involving investing any kind of money.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:39 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I haven't had a chance to read the other replies so sorry if I am repeating what has already been said.

I wish it were that easy to make money from home. If it were, I doubt we'd all be here looking for jobs. With that being said, I think you're best bet would be either to get a call center job (those seem to pay pretty decent) or start your own business. Of course, if you start your own business it will take awhile to make money.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincer View Post
I don't see any way I can work in a workplace. At least two days a week I have a severe migraine that will literally incapacitate me for the day. Those are the days I am the worst. I can't stand or sit for very long, maybe 2-3 hours before needing a moderate rest. I have a herniated L5-S1 disk and neuropathy in my tailbone area which makes sitting normally excruciating, even with a neural implant. I have to sit sideways in a cushy chair so the tailbone isn't aggravated while working at the computer. The neuropathy was a result of having been a very large overweight person that developed diabetes and then having a gastric bypass that lost the weight and the diabetes with the neuropathy as a parting gift, it just didn't go down to the legs as 99% of most people that have it, it stayed in the tailbone area.

As for what my skills are, I am very skilled with both computer hardware and software. I am a certified Microsoft Office Expert - Master level, and I used to teach computer classes at the health system I worked at. My last few years at my job, I was a data outcomes analyst and manage responsible for the system dashboard, creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets, and various other statistical and computer related work. I have experience with websites and networking, and have turned in my resume to a few places trying to get some contract work where I can work when I am able to to work around health issues. Nobody wants to hire someone with as large a work gap of unemployment as I have, and the health systems and doctor's offices wouldn't even think of hiring me for anything since the word spread of my public suicide attempt last year.

The problem with an "entrepreneurial venture" is, from the very sound of the two words, I am guessing a monetary investment is needed; and I have zero money to put towards any venture involving investing any kind of money.
Thanks for the background.

So you do have some skills! Great

for this section :
"Nobody wants to hire someone with as large a work gap of unemployment as I have, and the health systems and doctor's offices wouldn't even think of hiring me for anything since the word spread of my public suicide attempt last year" this is not only an assumption but a negative one as well."

If nobody wants to hire you, then nobody would hire anybody with less than perfect histort - and there wouldn't be any such thing as a comeback story - and we all know the world is jam packed with people who overcame big odds. So why not you as well?

Entrepreneurial venture costing big money? I don't think so... You could get out there doing something with as little as $50 investment.

Keep fighting.

Last edited by Online Sam; 02-14-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: text edit
Old 02-14-2015, 05:37 PM
BUSINESS CONSULTANT

Quote:

Sorry to hear of your issues, not easy to work with a migraine, had them for years as well, blinding headaches. Just don't allow yourself to get too down, remember, there is always hope and prayers, sure helped me out in those times of depression.

First suggestion is to try what has worked for me, check out Stop-Pain-Fast.com product, pretty amazing at getting my migraines in control, along with bum knee and bad back, so I know pain. Second, look for free no cost no purchase businesses given your financial position, there are a few, and this is what I focused on, and now I have a portfolio of free to low cost businesses you can work on the internet.

I look for recession proof businesses where the products save people time and money and appeal to the masses. My newest business is replacing cable and satellite fees while offering better options, everything the cable and satellite deals offer, but for free, even pay per view, so who doesn't want to save $180.00 a month like I was paying. Pay per view is another expense I was able to eliminate, so this new streaming technology is something you can understand being trained in Microsoft. Check it out, sure got my attention, and if you follow the experts, streaming is the future in entertainement and DVD rental industry is taking a nose dive, so this is recession proof technology.

Another breakthrough technology which everyone wants is a new waterproof protective coatings nanotechnology. When you see the video demonstrations, you will immediately see how easy this is to promote, share if you care, don't sell it, tell it, easy as 1-2-3. Again, free no purchase required, and international, so the market is huge for both of my top programs. I wish you the best in success, so hang in there.

Success to all,
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

WOW, you are going through a lot. I'm sorry to hear how hard things have been. Best of luck to you!!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Hi,

I know there seem to be many WAH opportunities mentioned here. Many of them seem to take a while for getting hired or paid once you start working.

In my situation, I have been out of work since January 31st 2014. My physical health and depression had long overtaken me by that time. My job of 14 years had made many adjustments for me including putting me on FMLA. However I missed too many days not being able to work a 9-5 job anymore and they fired me on the last day of January last year. I then had a break and tried to jump off the parking garage.

After my attempt at suicide I had to go to inpatient and outpatient counseling. In short, my doctors and psychiatrist recommended I apply for disability, which I did. I lived this last year off of retirement money and cashed in 401K. On December 26th, the day after Christmas, I got a denial letter in the mail. I have appealed, but that could take a while and I am now completely broke with no income. I tried a few online money making opportunities which turned out to be scams last year. At this point, my bills and mortgages are past due, and I can't even afford to pay for my medicines.

What I need and am desperately looking for is some work I can do from home; on the computer. Something I can work my own hours since I can only work in short spurts. I am fully PC and Internet knowledgeable, and need something I can apply to quickly, get hired, and see some money coming in fairly quick.

I am in desperation mode at this point.

Thanks for any and all ideas in advance...
In my experience, if you need money within less than 6 months it's best to look at things like, selling stuff, asking for help, borrowing, gofundme or other crowd funding, etc.

If you are going to make money online successfully, you need a minimum of 2 months to really get something going...and even then that doesn't guarantee you'll be profiting in that 2 months. That's why I say 6. People don't like hearing this because the Internet is often turned to for "quick cash" and, while quick cash can be made online, I'd argue it is easier to make "quick enough cash" then quick cash.

Think about it, 6 months is pretty freakin quick to be making money online. If you started a "traditional" business offline, you'd be happy if you were making a profit in the first 1 to 2 years.

Most don't view the web the same as offline business. And that's what trips most people up. While it's not the same, it is similar. Very similar principles and rules apply. And when it comes to making money fast online, if you're desperate for just cash and don't want to start a solid business, utilize things like Craigslist and such that'll sell stuff you can sell to get cash, or like I mentioned, crowd funding, social media, stuff like that.

But all those "money making opportunities" you see that promise quick money for little or no work (plug and play), be VERY wary. Most are scams or at least full of BS.

That's my 2 cents!