Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Registered WAHM

The best way, which I found to make full time income from home, is joining travel affiliate programs. Travel affiliate business is the perfect business idea for the one who want to start without any big investment. You can earn money in the form of commissions. The advantage of this travel website is that you can launch your business within few hours by spending few dollars.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2015, 11:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuctionDebtEliminator View Post
For some it might be the 'easiest'. I think it all boils down to your talents.

There are other avenues to 'easier' money. I, for example, have a knack for teaching and web-development. Freelancing wouldn't be easier for me.

For others, dancing might be easy for them, but for me I dance like a shaved-naked wiener dog in the Antarctic.

Box up your talents, what you're good at, and sell it at whatever capacity you have.

People are willing to pay good money to know what you know, do what you do, and as long as you're willing to put in the time and energies to make others happy, you can do well for yourself!
Yea don't put 1 egg in your basket, collect them all, that your knowledgeable about. I do a little of all of it, website creation, affiliate, content writer, video creation and consulting. That way if something goes haywire, you have a fall back.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:59 PM
WAHM Regular

I haven't looked through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned offering a handyman/concierge service?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I haven't looked through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned offering a handyman/concierge service?
A man in town does that. We actually found him at Home Depot! He had his little van with his sign and he was standing next to the van trying to pick up business. We actually hired him and he did a ton of work on our house. He helped clean up our yard, built a couryard (it was his first time), building a driveway out of broken cement (he broke up cement in our backyard), he help us move, he did some painting for us...the list goes on and on. Our neighbors saw him and they kept him busy! He was up and down our street for a couple of years! He still works in the area (we moved down the street from our old house so we see him all the time). I guess he is doing good because his wife doesn't have to work. They live in a little house and drive an old vehicle but hey he's got his own business! Can't beat that!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Banned

Default Have you thought of invest

Hi Guys,
Alison here, I turned to investment after years of working a dead-end job. I was a mom working at Boston Market for a meager salary and little help from anyone. When I found out about algorithmic robots and investing. I started studying how the market work and after a year I have been able to quick my job and invest full time. If you are willing to learn and know what you have look out for, then you can work the markets.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Since 2012, I have been freelancing. Well, it is my trade now. I am a professional voice over talent.

Now, it does not pay all my bills, but when big projects come in, it can change the complexion of my month and the speadsheet for my family.

My mate and I actually run our own skincare line, but everyone can't do that, so that is why I mentioned my voice. I have the passion for it, I invested in coaching, and equipment, and I work in it everyday.

At any point in time, it can turn into a full time income as long as I continue to advertise, market, and make my current clients happy.

It's a journey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMuskoka View Post
The drawback to freelancing is that you're still trading time for money. It is still a viable way to earn an income from your skills, but if you get sick or take a vacation the income stops.

If you've set aside enough emergency funds you can get through the gaps when you need (or want) to take time off.

However, if you can produce a product that can be sold over and over then you can leverage your time. So skills like programming, writing, music, photography, etc. can be leveraged by creating your own products and selling them. Or you can buy the rights to a product and sell it.

Freelancing = create once, sell once
Residual = create once, sell multiple times

As malea pointed out, multiple streams of income are good, so a mix of freelancing and other residual types of income can be good.
Even though I AM a freelancer, excellent point about still trading time for money. It is on your own terms, if you so choose, but still trading time for money.

You not only noted the problem, but gave an equation and a solution.

Hat is off to you, Sir.
Quote:
Whatever you do, it will always take 'time' to start something, create something, and then have it 'work' for you in the long run.

I recommend waking up early everyday and setting up a plan. I wake up at 5am everyday and check off list items before my 'work' day even begins. It makes every day a lot more productive, that's for sure.

Freelancing is okay, but just make sure you're selling what you're good at, what you love, or what you can add value with to someone.

There is no shame in monetizing your talents.
Time. Yes, it takes time. The problem is that most people are not good preparer's, so, they are normally looking for something when in a bind.

If things are going good, or even great, one must always be on the quest to how can I increase the imprint of this stream of income OR how can I implement another, without being rushed, so I can create a great foundation and I am not just jumping from one thing to another.
Quote:
For some it might be the 'easiest'. I think it all boils down to your talents.

There are other avenues to 'easier' money. I, for example, have a knack for teaching and web-development. Freelancing wouldn't be easier for me.

For others, dancing might be easy for them, but for me I dance like a shaved-naked wiener dog in the Antarctic.

Box up your talents, what you're good at, and sell it at whatever capacity you have.

People are willing to pay good money to know what you know, do what you do, and as long as you're willing to put in the time and energies to make others happy, you can do well for yourself!
Quote:
Take what you can contribute to the world, and monetize it. What have you spend an inordinate amount of time doing? Raising fish? Building rockets? Lifting weights? Training dogs? Take what you know really, really well - and write about it. Create an eBook, publish it, and sell it to people willing to learn from your 'secrets' to success.

Contribute positively to the world and you'll be able to make money.
You hit the nail on the head!

The first thing we must do, is really sit down and look at our gifts. What gifts do you have? What do you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you can do that not many people can? Once you realize that, you need to start to get the skill set to match that passion and turn it into a trade.

You do that, and it will never feel like work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glodge2002 View Post
JOHNKEYS, I have thought about trying my own auction website, however, unbeknown to most, ebay secured a patent for the way they auction items on their site. The implications of this are enormous.

#1) No one else can use their terminology or methods
#2) They are big enough to buy out any up and comers that start to cut into their profits
#3) If they cannot buy out them out then they can kill their company through legal litigation by keeping them in court long enough to drain them of all their funds
#4) Through their patent, they can keep their monopoly indefinitely
OKAY, this explains A LOT!

I have been selling on ebay since 2006. I followed the rules, became a power seller, but by 2012 the fee structure on ebay was no longer advantagous to what I was selling.

I always wondered why there is a Home Depot and Lowes or a Publix and Kroger or a Coca Cola and a Pepsi, but no rival to ebay...very, very, very shrewd on their part. Very shrewd, almost an oligopy if you will.

That's never good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas A Shah View Post
Money is in every industry, the choice that people need to make is what their passionate about, once they do this, they simply need to make a plan on how to go about it. You can literally earn in what ever you are interested in.

Its important to do the things that you love, so that way, you keep on growing!
Again, there goes that word PASSION!

That part is the KEY! It doesn't feel like work once you find THAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NootropicBrain View Post
Freelance Websites such as eLance, oDesk, Guru, PeoplePerHour, etc. Are a great way to make a little money while Building a Skill! Then, you can either get a job at a company with your skills, or charge premium amounts.

Throw some jobs up on Fiverr for some short-term income too!

Then, once you have some good reviews and some skills, you can use the networks that you've created, to market an MLM or Affiliate program.
In the beginning, many may find it a bit cumbersome, but these places are FREE to sign up! Go ahead get a user name, password, profile pic, the type of work you do, AND SET A SCHEDULE on when you will check each freelance account. Once you get a system, this method can throw off some awesome side stream money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwestbrook View Post
IMO: Avoid "plug and play" or "opportunities" and learn to create and sell your own product or service online. Turn your knowledge into a product. Build your own following. Or do physical products online, Ebay, Amazon, etc.

In other words, make your own business online the same as you would offline.

Imagine what you could teach to people offline, like in your community...then turn that into some sort of ebook or video course online.
This is just me, but I believe this is the best way. There is nothing wrong with direct selling. I was good at it. There is nothing wrong with network marketing. I was good at that. However, when you are the creator, it takes longer to get to the market, but ALL of the income is yours, so make it pay off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I have been preaching this ALL YEAR LONG!

If you are good with your hands, there are so many people fed up with Lowes, Home Depot, Rotor Rooter, Mr. Plumber...anything big or franchised. They want the local handyman that will provide the same quality, but better pricing. I have a kitchen sink faucet, a "hot" bathtub nob, and a shower head that need attention. Plumber money, right there, but I am not paying these overpriced contractors that work for franchises to do it. Great idea!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:54 AM
PatronPool.com Founder

Thumbs up Decent home-based income from your local knowledge and connections

There are ways to generate income from intangibles, eg your local knowledge and connections.

Our approach is for you to bring local businesses to an innovative customer acquisition process, and accordingly to earn income via revenue sharing from fees paid by the businesses.

There is no physical merchandise to push/sell. Instead it is your acquaintance and understanding of local businesses who are suitable to join the process, and your continuing support on the joining businesses.

Our revenue sharing income calculator (in PatronPool.com FAQ section) gives you a rough estimation of your income with adjustable parameter values. It's straightforward and not MLM/pyramid schemed.