Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I am search of a work at home job.

Hello,

I am the only support for my family and work a number of jobs so I am seeking a work at home position. I have been looking into MLMs. Are mlms 100% legal? Are there any industries that you would advise me to go to? I am a teacher and coach but really need tro bring in some extra legit income. I want to thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default work at home job

First, want to be perfectly clear with you. A MLM is not a job. It is a home business, it's kinda like you've purchased a franchise (but with no territory protection). The MLM supplies you with products to sell, marketing materials (catalogs, videos, etc.) and then it is up to you (and your upline) to go out and promote the product, sell the product, deliver the product, etc.)
MLM's are legitimate and legal as long as their ultimate goal is to sell products. The downside to MLMs is that most offer a low profit on sales (20-30%) and you should recruit others into the business
to supplement your income with the kickbacks from Their sales. Although MANY people make a very
good income in a MLM, most people do not (it requires work)
I've tried many MLMs (Watkins, Avon, Pampered Chef, etc.) and all are very good companies, but I quit
them all and went to work for myself, by locating products that I could re-sell by myself.
I buy low, and sell high.. and keep all the profit for myself - you can too. It doesnt take a lot of money to
start.
My current product (and most popular to date) Is posted on my splattoy website. You can click on the
site and view a video demonstration.
PM me anytime, or email by clicking on the red Y at the top of my post (to get my email address)
good luck to you
martin
Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks

Martin,

Thanks! I will check it out. God Bless!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics View Post
Hello,

I am the only support for my family and work a number of jobs so I am seeking a work at home position. I have been looking into MLMs. Are mlms 100% legal? Are there any industries that you would advise me to go to? I am a teacher and coach but really need tro bring in some extra legit income. I want to thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. God Bless!
MLM are legit as long as you do your research. I am sure there are MLM's out there that are pyramid scheme and you just need to do your part of work. Google any company that your interested and if you know how to build your downline, you can surely make money and for a long time. Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

Sent you a PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Re:

Well, I think you can search on google some internet marketing things and create something on your own. That could be interesting for you.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Super WAHM

Yep! They are legal...lots of scams out there though so just do your research well and choose wisely. I spent countless hours before decided where I wanted to join and I haven't looked back after I did. I am very happy with what I do
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics View Post
Hello,

Sent you a PM..Thanks
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Its been a while since you posted, so I'm not even sure you are still lurking.

But here goes:

MLMs are legal. But many are suspect. In weeding thru the chaff, there are some initial considerations. You have to be an enthusiasstic customer (meaning it should be a product that you are willing to pay the higher price of MLM to have). It should also be a product you can have some credibility in recommending to others. For example, me trying to sell makeup is silly. So are nutritional products, because in spite of my knowledge and good health, I am 300+ pounds and people don't take me seriously. I can't sell candles or kids stuff. For me, the proper product seems to be poker training. I need more skill at Poker, and can talk about the company with enthusiasm and some level of credibility.

Initial cost to join should be minimal. Generally anything over $300-$400 is out of line, and the company is more about finding suckers than promoting a product. After $400, the next tier seems to be about $1000, and I have never known any normal person make money in that kind of company. Also suspect IMHO are when they offer you different pay plans based on how much you pay to sign up. It smells funny and I am not eating it.

Picking a good sponsor is often important. Since it sounds like you have limited business experience, finding someone who will help and guide you is probably an important factor in your success, maybe more important than the product or initial costs.

I have several articles on one of my websites that may be helpful to you. Please check out [link removed by mod]Start in the section caled "Start Here".

And of course I invite you to check out my business shown in my link. If poker training sounds like something fun to sell/talk about, then I will be happy to give you any info you need to make the proper decision.

Last edited by cibermom; 12-03-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: remove self-promotion link - plesae follow forum rules
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I've been involved with MLM before bu I gained success in working at a home business. I tried my very first success in Craigslist and you can try that one as well.