Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Wordpress, or Wix?

It seems like I keep getting into heated debates about this. I'm currently a Wordpress user since I know how to code and am familiar with the WP dashboard. Recently, my friend came to me asking for advice. He is a DJ who wants to create his website using Wix. I gave him a long list of why he shouldn't but it went in one ear and out the other. Why he bothered asking my advice in the first place? I do know.

But anyways, I didn't realize how heated this topic could be until this occurred. I'm curious to hear all of your reasons as to why Wordpress, or Wix is better when building your website.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2017, 01:24 AM
Writely Applied

Personally, I love WordPress and haven't considered much outside of that. I've used my fair amount of CMS' (not Wix yet) but end up always preferring WP. If your DJ friend does consider using it at your recommendation, I recommend MintThemes for a professional theme. They have themes customized for musicians that are affordable.

What are his list of cons for not using WP?
Old 05-14-2017, 02:38 AM
WAHM Regular

For making a new website I really like WordPress a lot. Because it's easy to work with and also lots of plugin available.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamJones87 View Post
It seems like I keep getting into heated debates about this. I'm currently a Wordpress user since I know how to code and am familiar with the WP dashboard. Recently, my friend came to me asking for advice. He is a DJ who wants to create his website using Wix. I gave him a long list of why he shouldn't but it went in one ear and out the other. Why he bothered asking my advice in the first place? I do know.

But anyways, I didn't realize how heated this topic could be until this occurred. I'm curious to hear all of your reasons as to why Wordpress, or Wix is better when building your website.
I'm both hands for WordPress! I used to work with both platforms, and WP turned out to be more flexible and user-friendly than Wix If coding isn't your strong point, I suggest that you consider professionally designed wordpress themes . I've recently used one of them for my client's website and it looks pretty cool
Though Wix also offers beautiful templates too. Anyway, good luck!

Last edited by starbirdy66; 05-16-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Link removed
Old 05-30-2017, 02:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I had a website with Wix for a few years and liked it. I had tried a few and found it much easier to set up and navigate--and I am NOT good at that kind of stuff!

Never used WordPress but it seems it's getting the vote on here!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Does Wix have decent social media sharing plugins and how SEO friendly is it? I found it to be a bummer in that department.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Bigger lover of WP. I've only taken a cursory look at Wix but it seems very limited if you want to go off the beaten track. WP is hugely flexible if you know php
Old 07-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Registered WAHM

I think Wix maybe great for people just getting started or introduced into web sites/blogs. Personally, I love Wordpress, love the flexibility, ease of use and options that it offers.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Wix is very good for a first attempt and to do things on the cheap. Wordpress can be used in a very basic way but has loads of scope for a much bigger more sophisticated website
Old 09-06-2017, 06:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

WordPress is what I'd vote for. I just think it offers more options and is immensely flexible in what you can achieve with it.

Tags
website builder, wix, wordpress