Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

<a href="http://www.mywebdesignbiz.com/" target="_blank">http://www.mywebdesignbiz.com/
</A>http://www.lambentimage.com/thankyou.htm

This is the email I received when I contacted them....

The reason for the $99 affiliate fee is to cover our overhead for creating the sites, back office, print designs,etc. Once you have referred 5 clients, we re-imburse the deposit + 50% (one time $150 bonus). It is not refundable once your sites have been set up. Unfortunately we get hundreds ofaffiliate applicationsevery day, and from experience, we know that only about 10% will actually do any work. So so save us money and time, we implemented the $99 deposit.

Hope that clears things up!

I would appreciate your help with this....

Thanks, in advance.

~ Vilma
Edited by: veperez
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Vilma,

I've never heard of this company. It might be legit, in the sense that they are legitimately going to pay you when you sell their products, but I would think twice about signing up with them for several reasons.

1. That's a lot of money for just a backoffice and a template site. It certainly doesn't cost anyone that much money in server resources, etc. to set up a simple account and site. I can understand if it's a crafts-based company that has to send out actual materials to you, but I don't understand how a web design company justifies this cost.

2. There is no clear cut payment structure anywhere on the site. That alone makes a red flag go up for me.

3. Their sample site and their portfolio is... really not great. I wouldn't feel comfortable promoting those services to my clients, with all due respect. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to offend at all.

May I make a suggestion? Why not try my site's affiliate program? It's free, it has a complete back office and several really good-looking ready-made sites for your use as well as a ton of free graphics and widgets for your existing site, it comes with support forums for other affiliates that are verya ctive and responsive, and the designs they sell are really gorgeous. I use them for my own web design clients and they are top notch and affordable.

http://awesometemplates.com/affiliate-program.html

You get 20% of ALL your sales, from templates to logos to complete web sites (I made $350 off a full e-commerce site once without doing more than posting the link on my local craigslist), plus 20% of all the sales of the people signed up under you, and they pay like clockwork. I make a couple hundred bucks a month off it without even trying and I believe it really is a quality service to people. Just a thought. Good luck, though!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for your response &amp; suggestion. I will definetely look into the affiliate link that you provided...

~ Vilma
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi, Most of these are scamm and never work. I have tried and wated money on lot of these programs. My suggestion is invest your money one something else. There is no overheads cost involved the $99 is going in their own pocket. Some of these programs they promote are scamm and scamm only, it never worked for me. Thanks.