Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

Smile

You might try doing a side by side product comparison to see for yourself which is better.

doug
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Full-time Mompreneur

Thanks everyone! Lamonica, I still have to buy dishwashing soap from you!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Dee,

I hope you're doing well. I hope everyone was able to help you get a better understanding of the difference between Watkins and Melaleuca.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, that's what I did. I picked a bunch of criteria, i.e., cost to join, inventory, commission, made in America, repeat biz, monthly requirement, stuff like that and compared 3 companies. As I feel the "made in America" part of a business will become increasingly important to people for economic reasons, and being eco-friendly for environmental reasons, plus having truly 100% natural products (not all, but most), Watkins was the winner. I love, love, love the products I've used so far, the scents are lovely, not artificial and harsh, they are effective, economical to use, and the fact that they are made here, not harmful to the environment makes me feel happy to sell the products. Pick the type of product you think you'd love to sell, choose 3 companies and just compare them as objectively as you can.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

I think everyone has pretty much answered your questions, but being familiar with both Mela and Watkins, I have to say that the thing I like best about Watkins is that you don't have to fulfill a quota. And you don't even have to sign up as an Associate to buy the products. You can be just a plain old Watkins customer and stay that way. Of course, you do get the 25% discount if you sign up, as someone mentioned, but that's not mandatory. In fact, I've been using Watkins products for YEARS and just this week signed up as an Associate.

Mela does make good products, but that auto-ship is a real problem for someone like me. It's my husband and me at home now. No little ones. And we can't use the products fast enough to justify that type program. That's a huge reason I chose Watkins, personally.

Good to hear you're going green, whichever way you go!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Super WAHM

I just want to jump in and say I switched from Watkins to Mela. I like Watkins products and still buy some of them, but I could find some of the exact products at my local Rite Aid and Walmart cheaper. I have never had a problems purchasing 35 points worth of Mela in a month and never felt I was buying things I didn't need. I easily spend $100 a month purchasing stuff my family uses every day - shampoo, vitamins, pain relievers, skin care, cosmetics, cereal, cookies, tea, chocolate, cleaners, and more.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Looking to join as Watkins Associate

I am looking for someone to help me enroll as a Watkins Associate. If someone could please send me a private message so that I can join, I would appreciate it very much!!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Grand WAHM

Hey jacki,
I will PM you.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Super WAHM

Default Summit Group?

Who all are in the Summit Group (as this seems to be the best (or only?) to join up with)? Also please, in replying, mention where you are located. Wondering if Watkins runs specials on joining...how much it is to join, how much is a website (total upfront cost and then is it a monthly fee?)

Am checking into signing up as well but would also like to know if there are any limits/restrictions to be able to have one's own website which would include Watkins with any other products. Am also with Avon and they seem to be very picky in this regard. Is Watkins strict on having their advertising on websites also?

Please send me a private message.

Thanks in advance!

Jannie
Old 05-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Grand WAHM

I am sending you a private message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
Who all are in the Summit Group (as this seems to be the best (or only?) to join up with)? Also please, in replying, mention where you are located. Wondering if Watkins runs specials on joining...how much it is to join, how much is a website (total upfront cost and then is it a monthly fee?)

Am checking into signing up as well but would also like to know if there are any limits/restrictions to be able to have one's own website which would include Watkins with any other products. Am also with Avon and they seem to be very picky in this regard. Is Watkins strict on having their advertising on websites also?

Please send me a private message.

Thanks in advance!

Jannie