Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default This coming Saturday, I'm doing a Watkins open house and....

Good day all!
Yes, I'm doing my first ever open house. In my house. I'm not nervous about talking to people about the business or product... it's my HOUSE I'm nervous about. It's our "safe" place, and we almost never have company. Not because we're weird. (ok, maybe we're a good-weird. lol.) but mostly because I'm used to doing all my business or socializing in a public place. Coffee shops, restaurants, etc.

I got the brainwave to try it after going to a girlfriends candle party - plus the Summit Group is having it's Sellapalooza contest, and I thought this would be the best way to NOT have to deliver in winter All summer long I talk talk talk to people at the Market about our business and products, and I miss doing it live. In winter, I tend to do A LOT of online promo.

Tell me about your Watkins open house experiences, or if you do parties.

Lori Petroff
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

Smile

Hi Lori,

A lady on my team is having incredible success with home parties.

I wish you the best!

blessings...
Douglas Adams
Old 01-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Grand WAHM

Oh Lori,
You will have a blast! Keep it casual and relaxing! Have a lot of different items available to test - especially food items/dips, etc. The Winter one I had I made chicken noodle soup with our soup base! It was quick, easy and the folks enjoyed a cup of warm soup. Oh, also, if you will be serving coffee, have a couple flavorings available for them to add in their coffee.

I got a lot of reaction from folks who tried the peppermint foot cream - encourage them to slip that sock off and put some on! Some folks will be a bit reluctant at first. It's funny to see their reaction, but then they find that they are glad they tried the product.

Good luck and do keep us posted. It'll be a blast!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

Just wanted to pop in and say...

Even though I never do parties or open houses, my first was an amazing success! Although it was tricky to be hostess and presenter.. I ended up not doing a whole lot of presenting. These ladies knew what they want, picked through my table, filled out their own sales slips, and sold to each other! (by recommending their own favourite products to each other.)

It was a bit of a mad house, but it all worked out incredibly.

I helped a lady start her own business last night, and with today being the last day of the free personalized website, I'm guessing tonight I'll be busy too.

I'm still getting emails this morning with people asking for info. It's been a very busy month!

Lori
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Yay! That is wonderful, Lori! I do parties and they are alot of fun. I'm hoping to get one in for Feb. I would love to get those points up for Sellapalooza. Thanks for letting us know how it went. I'm happy for you.

Suzanne
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Grand WAHM

Congratulations Lori!
I knew you would enjoy the outcome of the party! Isn't it amazing how your own guests sell the products for you? It's great to have a mix of folks who are familiar with Watkins introducing it to those that may not be~

Keep on keepin on!