Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:13 AM
Super WAHM

Default What Would You Do?

I sent an email in yesterday asking this but no response yet. So just curious as to what everyone else does.
In the Dollar Category what do you do when you just see . (period for cents)? I've been skipping them but seems like there is so many I have to question if that is the correct answer.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2022, 03:27 PM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

You should have a response soon, but for anyone else seeing this:

If you're in the Dollars queue and you see only a period, please enter: 0

You can safely enter zero without having to skip those snippets.

Thanks a lot
Old 04-10-2022, 06:35 AM
Super WAHM

I did receive a response stating they were going to check with the customer. But all this time I've been skipping them and losing out on some money! So glad I asked!
Old 04-11-2022, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Wondering if we should do the same for the dollars and cents category if it's blank with just a period? I've never thought of that before; I've always skipped these also.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:17 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in NC View Post
I sent an email in yesterday asking this but no response yet. So just curious as to what everyone else does.
In the Dollar Category what do you do when you just see . (period for cents)? I've been skipping them but seems like there is so many I have to question if that is the correct answer.
I have always entered a slash (/) for those and recorded them as blanks, as opposed to hitting enter and skipping them. That's curious that now we are to record as 0 dollars. I've always just thought it was blank, as there was no number recorded in there. It seems I always got credit for them or at least I thought I was. Hmmmmmmm!!

It seems if I am keying something incorrectly, that the test snippets show up and that's how I know I keyed something incorrectly. Curious to see what response will be given for the email that was sent.

ETA - It seems a bunch of test snippets come up, when I am entering the 0 for snippets with just a period in them. This usually indicates that a lot of errors were made. I just got a whole slew of test snippets one after the other. It has to be because inputting the 0 was incorrect. I am going back to entering a slash (/) to record these as blank.

Last edited by LadyMia; 04-11-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
I have always entered a slash (/) for those and recorded them as blanks, as opposed to hitting enter and skipping them. That's curious that now we are to record as 0 dollars. I've always just thought it was blank, as there was no number recorded in there. It seems I always got credit for them or at least I thought I was. Hmmmmmmm!!

It seems if I am keying something incorrectly, that the test snippets show up and that's how I know I keyed something incorrectly. Curious to see what response will be given for the email that was sent.

ETA - It seems a bunch of test snippets come up, when I am entering the 0 for snippets with just a period in them. This usually indicates that a lot of errors were made. I just got a whole slew of test snippets one after the other. It has to be because inputting the 0 was incorrect. I am going back to entering a slash (/) to record these as blank.
I've been doing the same thing as you. I've been using the / & entering them as blanks as they are blank.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflySneeze View Post
I've been doing the same thing as you. I've been using the / & entering them as blanks as they are blank.
Yes, that's what I thought as well that they are blank. We'll see if this changes. I will probably stay out of that work type, until we know for sure.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:23 AM
Super WAHM

IT GUY was correct. Here was what the response was from Key For Cash: We have been told that entering in a zero "0" is the ideal if you run across a field with just a decimal point.
I would guess the same in the dollar & cent category.
I only do the dollar category if there is so many illegible ones in Alphanumeric. But I had noticed so many with the period, I thought it wise to ask to know for sure what to do. Glad I did!
On the test snippets. I only notice a string of them if I type one of them wrong It's like they throw one in from time to time to see if we are paying attention. If you dont type it right, then you get several to follow to make up for the mistake! This is just my opinion of what is happening with the test snippets.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:21 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in NC View Post
IT GUY was correct. Here was what the response was from Key For Cash: We have been told that entering in a zero "0" is the ideal if you run across a field with just a decimal point.
I would guess the same in the dollar & cent category.
I only do the dollar category if there is so many illegible ones in Alphanumeric. But I had noticed so many with the period, I thought it wise to ask to know for sure what to do. Glad I did!
On the test snippets. I only notice a string of them if I type one of them wrong It's like they throw one in from time to time to see if we are paying attention. If you dont type it right, then you get several to follow to make up for the mistake! This is just my opinion of what is happening with the test snippets.
OK, thank you for responding with their answer. Wow, so for years a few of us have been doing these wrong. It would have been nice to know a long time ago. LOL OK, so have to retrain my brain to type in 0 when I see periods.

Happy Tuesday all.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Should we type a 0 in the dollars category only, or does this apply to all categories if there is only a period in the snippet? I have been typing these as blank, so I am not sure if I got credit for those or not in the past.