Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:08 AM
Registered WAHM

So we should type in 0 if there is just a decimal point. What about when you see a horizontal line (looks like a hyphen or long hyphen) in the field? Would you skip it, or key "/" as blank field or type 0? Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2022, 09:51 AM
Super WAHM

Lady Mia, same here. I have skipped them for so long it just a natural response! But glad to know I can get credit for them now. You would have thought they would have noticed a long time ago, that some of us are doing it wrong But now we know! Cant believe it took me that long to ask!
Old 04-12-2022, 05:55 PM
WAHM Regular

For what it's worth, I, too, have always typed a / for those and I keep very close track of any rejections and know they haven't been rejected when keyed as /.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:24 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in NC View Post
Lady Mia, same here. I have skipped them for so long it just a natural response! But glad to know I can get credit for them now. You would have thought they would have noticed a long time ago, that some of us are doing it wrong But now we know! Cant believe it took me that long to ask!
I in no way blame the current owners as they have been excellent in communicating with us. And even now, when questions are asked they give us direction. And IT Image Guy has been great as well with keeping us well informed.

As you stated, this should have been picked up long ago that people were interpreting these snippets differently. I totally blame the former owners, as they hardly ever communicated with us. And many emails asking for directions on how to key certain snippets went unanswered. But now we know how to do them and I will do them that way going forward.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmom View Post
For what it's worth, I, too, have always typed a / for those and I keep very close track of any rejections and know they haven't been rejected when keyed as /.
I never noticed that my snippets were being rejected either, when keying them with the slash to denote they were blank. So, I don't know, but I will just key them as 0, since this is the way we are now being told to key them. In fact, under the former owners I thought I recalled them saying not to key anything that wasn't there. And that's why I would always skip the ones with a period.

Last edited by LadyMia; 04-12-2022 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:27 PM
WAHM Regular

So, bringing up the decimal point in the dollar category for the last time. I can only assume that not every Key for Cash keyer reads these posts or even knows about this site. The instructions for the dollar category states, "Disregard any decimal places and cents...Key '/' for a blank snippet." If one disregards (pay no attention to; ignore) any decimal places, then the snippet becomes a blank. If the keyers who do not read these posts follow the instructions for the dollar category, they will be keying /.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:13 AM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

My sincere apologies for the confusion this has caused. The immediate concern of the original post was that these fields were being skipped and you were not getting credit for the keystroke.

Keying a zero in Dollars and Cents solves that problem, but as most of you have clearly stated, you already have a preferred option to utilize a forward-slash "/" to mark the field as blank. Utilizing the "/" will also give you credit for the keystroke, and since that is the more widely known option, we should continue to take that approach.

Therefore, for consistency purposes, please utilize the "/" (blank snippet) option when you see a period or hyphen only in a Dollars and Cents snippet.

We definitely want to keep your keying flow as smooth as possible and this sounds like the preferred approach, so please continue to mark those fields as blank with "/".

Last edited by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy; 04-15-2022 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:02 AM
Super WAHM

I am more confused now than I was before. I want to make sure I have this clear We type a "0" (zero) in dollars when there is just a period (cent) and a slash in dollars and cents?
Thanks,
Old 04-15-2022, 07:00 AM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in NC View Post
I am more confused now than I was before. I want to make sure I have this clear We type a "0" (zero) in dollars when there is just a period (cent) and a slash in dollars and cents?
Thanks,
Nope, in all of those cases you should key "/" for blanks. Forget about keying a 0. Everyone is used to keying those types of snippets as blanks using the slash, so please continue to do so. That will ensure everyone gets credit for the keystroke and the snippets are not skipped.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:05 AM
Super WAHM

Thank you IT GUY for clearing things up! You are awesome! Hope the Easter Bunny is good to you.