Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Acceptable error rate?

This would be for IT Guy: Just out of curiosity, what is a good error rate? Obviously, we want to keep our "rejected" items low, but what is a good percentage of "rejected" versus "approved"? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2020, 10:35 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmom View Post
This would be for IT Guy: Just out of curiosity, what is a good error rate? Obviously, we want to keep our "rejected" items low, but what is a good percentage of "rejected" versus "approved"? Thanks!
Also another question for Your_IT_Imaging_Guy, is there a way to increase the character count accepted when we key snippets? On a few occasions (last night being one of them,) I will get snippets with a lot to key and I'll get a message that I've gone over the character count. So, I start deleting from the end of the snippet one character at a time, until it accepts the snippet. I didn't think there would be a limited character count. Sometimes this is time consuming, if I've keyed way over the character count. I don't know if doing this is correct, or if I should just skip the snippet altogether, since I wouldn't be able to put the entirety of the information in it.

I have been keying up to the amount the field allows. Is there a way to increase it or make it limitless or at least tell us what the character acceptance count is? Then I will know when to stop keying or at least how many characters I should delete to get it to go through or if I should just skip the snippet altogether. Although doing that means I wasted time keying in a lot of info.

Thanks for all of your help in fielding our questions and helping to make our transition to the new Key For Cash site as smooth as possible.

Happy keying all.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:21 AM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmom View Post
I'd love to be more specific, but it is honestly going to vary day to day, week to week, depending on the quality of the work you receive. Based on the testing you've all previously taken, we know that you're the best of the best and all very highly accurate. However, we do also understand that you're dependent on the quality of those snippets in terms of your error rates and rejections. If the snippets are poor quality, then your accuracy rates will drop because it's going to be difficult to match entries.

And that leads into LadyMia's comment as well, because the snippet she is describing sounds like poor quality. As far as I know, it should be a rare situation to run into the character limit for a snippet. We definitely don't want to slow you down by having to back up and remove characters. Likewise, in the situation she's describing, it doesn't seem likely that the entry will be accepted. That wastes time for everyone involved, which we'd obviously like to avoid.

It is not a simple task to locate these poor quality snippets, especially when we have millions flowing through each day. However, we will put in the time to perform that research, track them down, and see what can be done on the client end. We'll also look into our options to better handle the situation when you do reach the maximum amount of characters, so that you're not unnecessarily slowed down.

I can't promise a quick turn-around on these items, as they are fairly complex and will take time, but I can assure you that we are looking into it and seeing what improvements can be made.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:27 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy View Post
I'd love to be more specific, but it is honestly going to vary day to day, week to week, depending on the quality of the work you receive. Based on the testing you've all previously taken, we know that you're the best of the best and all very highly accurate. However, we do also understand that you're dependent on the quality of those snippets in terms of your error rates and rejections. If the snippets are poor quality, then your accuracy rates will drop because it's going to be difficult to match entries.

And that leads into LadyMia's comment as well, because the snippet she is describing sounds like poor quality. As far as I know, it should be a rare situation to run into the character limit for a snippet. We definitely don't want to slow you down by having to back up and remove characters. Likewise, in the situation she's describing, it doesn't seem likely that the entry will be accepted. That wastes time for everyone involved, which we'd obviously like to avoid.

It is not a simple task to locate these poor quality snippets, especially when we have millions flowing through each day. However, we will put in the time to perform that research, track them down, and see what can be done on the client end. We'll also look into our options to better handle the situation when you do reach the maximum amount of characters, so that you're not unnecessarily slowed down.

I can't promise a quick turn-around on these items, as they are fairly complex and will take time, but I can assure you that we are looking into it and seeing what improvements can be made.
OK, good enough. Thanks for responding. As I stated, I only see those long snippet instances once in a blue moon. I'll just skip them for now, if I run across the situation again.