Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-08-2020, 11:15 AM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

A reduction in the amount of QA snippets will be put in place sometime today. This may be adjusted further in the future, but for the short-term, it is an essential part of operations that must remain in place.

With regards to snippet quality, we can work to ensure that the zones are correctly positioned. If you're seeing partial words, or obvious information cut-off, then it's possible we need to adjust the zones for certain snippets on the client-side. However, we cannot control the contents of those zones. If someone submits a form to a client in barely legible hand-writing, we can't prevent that from occurring. The hand-written forms get treated the same way as those who send in forms with nicely printed fonts. Those kinds of differences come and go with the work throughout the year.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2020, 12:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmom View Post
I keyed 11,012 characters, went to the dashboard, entered another queue, and the number was down to 10,281, a loss of 731 characters!
The system has always worked this way, you will see a loss of characters for your errors and for QA snippets.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Wife View Post
The system has always worked this way, you will see a loss of characters for your errors and for QA snippets.
Thanks, that is exactly right. Perhaps a refresher on how all this works might also help:

In general, a snippet is accepted as confirmed once two different operators have keyed the exact same information. If two different operators enter data that does not match for a given snippet, the system may send that snippet out to a third operator for verification.

For example:
  • Operator A: Enters 1234 (Match)
  • Operator B: Enters 1284 (Doesn't Match)
  • Operator C: Enters 1234 (Match)

In this case, Operator's A and C will have their entry recorded as successful, and Operator B will have a rejection/error.

With hundreds of operators and millions of snippets going around at any given time, the system needs to continuously update the information. So while you may have finished keying a given snippet, the second, or sometimes third operator may not yet have keyed that same snippet. Until we get a successful match or until we get so many failures for each snippet, those Dashboard statistics will continue to change.

This is the same system that has been in place since around 2001, and there are numerous checks and balances to make sure every character and every cent is accounted for accurately.

Hopefully between this and the QA snippet explanation, everyone understands how the Dashboard statistics can fluctuate over a short period of time for small amounts. Thanks!

Last edited by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy; 09-09-2020 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old 09-09-2020, 09:32 AM

And just to follow-up from a previous comment, we did reduce the number of QA/Pop-Quiz snippets by 50% yesterday.

Hopefully you'll notice an improvement with regards to that particular functionality.

We have many ideas for enhancements and new features down the road, and are eager to get started on them. However, we need to walk before we can run. The priority right now is ensuring the system is as stable and responsive as possible. Once we're confident in that, and get through a couple pay periods, we'll move forward on additional ways we can improve your experience all around.

Just hang in there, and we'll try to make things even better than before. Thanks!

Last edited by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy; 09-09-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:00 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy View Post
And just to follow-up from a previous comment, we did reduce the number of QA/Pop-Quiz snippets by 50% yesterday.

Hopefully you'll notice an improvement with regards to that particular functionality.

We have many ideas for enhancements and new features down the road, and are eager to get started on them. However, we need to walk before we can run. The priority right now is ensuring the system is as stable and responsive as possible. Once we're confident in that, and get through a couple pay periods, we'll move forward on additional ways we can improve your experience all around.

Just hang in there, and we'll try to make things even better than before. Thanks!
Thanks Your_IT_Imaging_Guy for all the time you take to explain things to us. The work flow has been nice the last week. Hoping it keeps up. Just curious as to when we will be able to give our payment info as we are approaching the 15th in a few days. Is there a possibility that other methods of pay will be added such as Cash App or PayPal? Just curious.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Thanks Your_IT_Imaging_Guy for all the time you take to explain things to us. The work flow has been nice the last week. Hoping it keeps up. Just curious as to when we will be able to give our payment info as we are approaching the 15th in a few days. Is there a possibility that other methods of pay will be added such as Cash App or PayPal? Just curious.
That is the next big priority/hurdle, and we're working on that as quickly as we're able. Unfortunately, between DWOLLA and the banks, there are a lot of long, built-in delays, which is taking us longer than we hoped to get through. We expect to have more news on that very soon. As far as I know, we're only starting out with DWOLLA, but it's certainly possible we could consider adding more options down the road.

Last edited by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy; 09-09-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks for tweaking it, ITG.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy View Post
A reduction in the amount of QA snippets will be put in place sometime today. This may be adjusted further in the future, but for the short-term, it is an essential part of operations that must remain in place.

With regards to snippet quality, we can work to ensure that the zones are correctly positioned. If you're seeing partial words, or obvious information cut-off, then it's possible we need to adjust the zones for certain snippets on the client-side. However, we cannot control the contents of those zones. If someone submits a form to a client in barely legible hand-writing, we can't prevent that from occurring. The hand-written forms get treated the same way as those who send in forms with nicely printed fonts. Those kinds of differences come and go with the work throughout the year.
There are a fair number of snippets with the first letter cut off. hiladelphia. hicago.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default QA Snippets

I have noticed when I do Alphanumeric I am getting small "batches" of 16,17 or 18 QA snippets in a row. This has been happening for the last few days and is extremely frustrating. Is there anyway these can be dialed back quite a bit? I realize that they are a part of the keying process but 17 in a row is a bit excessive. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:25 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahbutnotamom View Post
I have noticed when I do Alphanumeric I am getting small "batches" of 16,17 or 18 QA snippets in a row. This has been happening for the last few days and is extremely frustrating. Is there anyway these can be dialed back quite a bit? I realize that they are a part of the keying process but 17 in a row is a bit excessive. Thank you for your time.
Yeah, if you dare to get one of them wrong you pretty much get the ENTIRE set of qa snippets.

I haven't really noticed a dropoff in the frequency of them, ITG. Sometimes it exceeds 5%. For a fast typer, that means seeing multiple test snippets inside of a minute. Over an entire day, that's a significant chunk of time spent typing the same thing over and over again for no pay. It is very frustrating in the letters category. In alphanumeric, the snippets haven't been very long lately, mostly just y and n, so the test snippets might be 30-40 times longer than the "real" ones. That's just nuts.

I've been doing this for almost seven years (others have been at it even longer) and my rejected rate on KFC so far is below 1%. I understand the need for quality control but at this rate it's just overkill. I don't know what more to say. No idea if there were QA deficiencies at Lionbridge but I don't remember anything like this. Just want this and the timeout issue back to some semblance of normal. The latter seems to be much better, which I appreciate.

Last edited by NotAMomJohn; 09-16-2020 at 05:39 PM.