Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Super WAHM

Default Dwolla ending November 2018

Has anyone heard where payments will be generated from when Dwolla ceases to service our payments? I got an email saying on November 2018 we will have to make different choices and it also noted that our payment provider will be advising us of what changes will be instituted at that time. I am trying to get ready for this change.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2018, 07:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
Has anyone heard where payments will be generated from when Dwolla ceases to service our payments? I got an email saying on November 2018 we will have to make different choices and it also noted that our payment provider will be advising us of what changes will be instituted at that time. I am trying to get ready for this change.
Oh wow. No I didn't hear anything about this.

Thanks for the heads-up. Lionbridge should have this posted on their site. Yes, I would like to know who will be processing our payments. I wish they would just use Paypal. Most folks have a Paypal account already. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but hope they give us some info sooner rather than later.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:28 AM
WAHM Regular

I have not gotten any emails from Lionbridge or Dwolla. So not sure as to what is going on. Glad I saw this!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Super WAHM

Me too. I wonder if they will go with PayPal? If they do, they will probably take out a fee when they process our payments. Maybe they will also offer direct deposit? That would be a better choice otherwise we will lose a little money because of the fee with PayPal. I wonder when this will start?
Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 AM
WAHM Regular

I have not received an email about this either. I hope it's an easy change and there are no glitches. lol Couldn't say that with a straight face.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Super WAHM

Email starts with subject line: Action Required - Changes to your Service

Dwolla is making changes to our product to better serve our customers. As part of this evolution, in November 2018 Dwolla will no longer be supporting the legacy Transfer product your business is currently using.

Here are some options that other Dwolla business customers have taken:

Dwolla Plans Identify a different Dwolla product plan that will fit your business. The Start, Scale and Enterprise plans have been developed for companies to launch and grow their businesses.

Withdraw Funds If none of the Dwolla plans seem to fit your business needs we thank you for your business and ask that you please withdraw any funds that you may have in your account, prior to November. Your end users will be receiving a general communication from us about this product update over the next couple of weeks. Please be sure to touch base with them on what solution you determine for your business.

If you are using Dwolla in association with a business or other organization, please reach out directly to them.

If you have any other questions, please reach out to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Dwolla Team

This what I received July 31, 2018. I am waiting to hear what takes place next.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
Email starts with subject line: Action Required - Changes to your Service

Dwolla is making changes to our product to better serve our customers. As part of this evolution, in November 2018 Dwolla will no longer be supporting the legacy Transfer product your business is currently using.

Here are some options that other Dwolla business customers have taken:

Dwolla Plans Identify a different Dwolla product plan that will fit your business. The Start, Scale and Enterprise plans have been developed for companies to launch and grow their businesses.

Withdraw Funds If none of the Dwolla plans seem to fit your business needs we thank you for your business and ask that you please withdraw any funds that you may have in your account, prior to November. Your end users will be receiving a general communication from us about this product update over the next couple of weeks. Please be sure to touch base with them on what solution you determine for your business.

If you are using Dwolla in association with a business or other organization, please reach out directly to them.

If you have any other questions, please reach out to [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Dwolla Team

This what I received July 31, 2018. I am waiting to hear what takes place next.
That sounds like a spam email to me, especially since no one else on this forum seems to have received communication from Dwolla or Lionbridge regarding a change. Have you tried contacting either company through the legit customer service links on their websites to verify?
Especially with this supposed 'transfer date' looming close, & given the date of that email with no further communicae or instruction...just seems kinda fishy, imo.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Super WAHM

The email came from The Dwolla Team <[email protected]>

mailed-by: em1.dwolla.com
signed by: dwolla.com

At the bottom of the email it showed this:

You're receiving this email because you have a Dwolla account. Please note, you may not be able to opt out of these emails, as they're non-promotional in nature and contain important information regarding your account. Please do not reply to this email. Instead, contact [email protected] or visit our support page.

2018 Dwolla Inc., All rights reserved. 666 Walnut, Suite 1830, Des Moines, IA 50309

So, I don't know if it was official or not. It looked official to me. I haven't' contacted them but I may do that since you noted it looks fishy and the date is coming in 2 months and we've heard nothing from Lionbridge.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Super WAHM

UPDATE: I did contact Dwolla and here's the response I got:

Dwolla Support
SEP 10, 2018 | 03:45PM CDT
Hello,

Thank you for your reaching out. If you were instructed by a third party (Lionbridge) to create this Dwolla account in order to utilize their services, we encourage you to reach out to that third party and inquire about alternative options they may offer or are preparing to offer as a replacement.

You will not need to worry about changing plans or services, the business paying you will.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your interest in Dwolla.

Sincerely,
Dwolla Support
Old 09-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Super WAHM

I may have received information from Dwolla because my account type is Commercial, Sole Proprietorship. I changed it about a year ago to that account type from the original account I had. Just a thought ...