Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Multiple Lines in One Snippet

Are we supposed to key the first line in the snippet, or all lines with a space between? I don't know what to do with those and I'm afraid to skip them because they are perfectly readable, and can't you get into trouble skipping too many readable/keyable snippets?

Hope you guys will advise what you do in this situation.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2018, 02:43 PM
WAHM Regular

I do all lines with a space.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:17 AM
WAHM Regular

If you're talking about stuff like the tax-related info in alphanumeric (name/address/email, etc.) - yes, I key all lines with a space as well.
Same for addresses...I key all lines I can see, with a space in between the name & address.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

I had wondered about this some time back. I opened a ticket. Here's what they said back then. Not sure if anything has changed:

Dear Lionbridge Customer,

We have resolved ticket [IR642432] SmartCrowd Worker Support – Work Question
The following is the resolution comment from the analyst:

Resolved : When multiple lines of data that are applicable to the current keying format are shown, the snippet is to be Skipped.

Please take a moment to review if your ticket has been resolved.

If your issue has been resolved correctly, you don't have to respond to this email.

If your issue has not been resolved, please click I Reject and your ticket will be re-opened for further work.

Please note that if you are experiencing a similar issue or you require a follow up after this ticket was closed, you will have to submit a new Incident Request and use this reference number: [IR642432]

Kind regards,
The Lionbridge Customer Support Team

Ticket Summary:
Open Date 2017-04-28T20:36:46 UTC
Resolved Date 2017-09-22T17:59:58 UTC
Subject SmartCrowd Worker Support – Work Question
Description
Issue Type : SmartCrowd Worker Support – Work Question
Priority : Low
Issue Submitted By : Viola Wisdom

Problem Description: Getting a whole bunch of multiple line snippets in alphanumeric today. I took a screenshot if you want it sent.
Resolution
Resolved : When multiple lines of data that are applicable to the current keying format are shown, the snippet is to be Skipped.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoods View Post
Are we supposed to key the first line in the snippet, or all lines with a space between? I don't know what to do with those and I'm afraid to skip them because they are perfectly readable, and can't you get into trouble skipping too many readable/keyable snippets?

Hope you guys will advise what you do in this situation.
BlueMoods, I'm with you in wondering why they put perfectly readable snippets with multiple lines if we are not supposed to key them. But what do I know? LOL

Before I got this resolution reply, I had been keying all I could see whether 1 or multiple lines. Now I just skip them.

Last edited by viwiz; 05-23-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I skip these also.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Well, that's interesting. I have always keyed everything that was clear in the snippet in Alphanumeric even when there was 2 lines. I guess I've been doing it wrong for over 8 years.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowheregirl View Post
Well, that's interesting. I have always keyed everything that was clear in the snippet in Alphanumeric even when there was 2 lines. I guess I've been doing it wrong for over 8 years.
Same here and I still key them that way and it looks as if I get paid for them. So not sure why someone from VB responded to skip them, because there are lots that are like that and in some instances, you'd be skipping like every other snippet. I dunno. I'm going to continue to do it that way, because I'm getting paid for doing them.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:09 AM
Super WAHM

That's what prompted me to ask about these because at one time, there were alot of them coming up. I don't know if they still hold to the instructions they sent to me or if it has changed since then. Who knows?

A person runs the risk of skipping too many or getting too many errors. So I suppose the thing to do is follow your gut.

Last edited by viwiz; 06-14-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
That's what prompted me to ask about these because at one time, there were alot of them coming up. I don't know if they still hold to the instructions they sent to me or if it has changed since then. Who know?

A person runs the risk of skipping too many or getting too many errors. So I suppose the thing to do is follow your gut.
Exactly. I don't like to skip too many, so that's why I key those multiline snippets. I figure they are in there way too often for us to skip that many of them. In fact, if I get in a work type where there are a lot of unreadable snippets back-to-back, I get out of it and find a work type where I'm not having to skip a lot of snippets. For me it's a waste of time to do a queue with a lot of snippets that have to be skipped. You're not making any money doing that, that's for sure.