Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Same here and I still key them that way and it looks as if I get paid for them. So not sure why someone from VB responded to skip them, because there are lots that are like that and in some instances, you'd be skipping like every other snippet. I dunno. I'm going to continue to do it that way, because I'm getting paid for doing them.
I'm with you. I'm going to keep doing it like I've always done it. I don't like to skip too many either, and I also close out of a work type if there's too many unreadable snippets.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Super WAHM

I also get out of a queue if it becomes a time waster and no money being earned. The handwritten snippets often get to be a guessing game and that's not good.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Re: Multiple Lines - June 2018 - opened a ticket.
Example:

15 E NORTHAMPTON ST APT 3
WILKES BARRE, PA 18701

Resolution: Thank you for contacting us about this issue. We have confirmed that there was an issue where one of our customers was sending us images with multiple lines on it, which was causing many rejections throughout our system. We are addressing this issue with our customer and will have this corrected ASAP. We apologize for the impact this had on rejection rates during this period and will not penalize any workers affected by this issue. However, we are not able to retroactively confirm these snippets as they have already cleared our system. Please let us know if you see similar items again; and make sure to skip snippets that appear to have multiple lines of data on them. (If an image shows "instructions" such as "First Name" or "Address" and then a value beneath that, only key the lower value. If you have multiple numbers, please type in the first one. If you see an entire address, please skip that item and let us know it happened immediately so that we can check your work history to find the issue and trace it back to the customer that sent it.)

Last edited by Booth; 06-18-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Default -

Back in the day, the instructions were to skip snippets that had multiple lines of text, so I have never done them, I always skip them.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:37 PM
WAHM Addict

But there are so many like that these days and to skip them all, you would never have much work to do. And they want us to flag those and contact them. That's an awful lot of work for such little pay. Again, I do lots of these and I don't see where they are being rejected on my end. If they were, I would be having hundreds rejected. And I don't usually have more than 10 to 15 rejects per session that I am on. And I know I've done way more than 10 or 15 that have had multiple lines. So, I don't know. I don't know why we can't just type all lines, if they seem to go together as in an address. I know using common sense not to pick fields like, name, address, zip etc. Only to pick up the information typed in these fields.

I hate to reject or skip all of those, as I will have a high number of skips and as I stated I don't stay in queues of work where I have to do a lot of skipping. It wastes our time and we're not making any money that way.

Also multiple lines is not something that just started. This is something that has been going on for a long time. So for them to say flag them and we'll contact the customer. They must have lots of customers to contact. If this is the same customer, they've been doing this for years. Plus there are times, when people are typing in an explanation of something that has lots of lines in it. Do we just skip those as well? It makes no sense. If all of the characters fit when we type, then they should just accept this. Again, I still don't see where I'm getting rejections for doing this.

Last edited by LadyMia; 06-18-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach24 View Post
Back in the day, the instructions were to skip snippets that had multiple lines of text, so I have never done them, I always skip them.
I always skipped them, too.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
But there are so many like that these days and to skip them all, you would never have much work to do. And they want us to flag those and contact them. That's an awful lot of work for such little pay. Again, I do lots of these and I don't see where they are being rejected on my end. If they were, I would be having hundreds rejected. And I don't usually have more than 10 to 15 rejects per session that I am on. And I know I've done way more than 10 or 15 that have had multiple lines. So, I don't know. I don't know why we can't just type all lines, if they seem to go together as in an address. I know using common sense not to pick fields like, name, address, zip etc. Only to pick up the information typed in these fields.

I hate to reject or skip all of those, as I will have a high number of skips and as I stated I don't stay in queues of work where I have to do a lot of skipping. It wastes our time and we're not making any money that way.

Also multiple lines is not something that just started. This is something that has been going on for a long time. So for them to say flag them and we'll contact the customer. They must have lots of customers to contact. If this is the same customer, they've been doing this for years. Plus there are times, when people are typing in an explanation of something that has lots of lines in it. Do we just skip those as well? It makes no sense. If all of the characters fit when we type, then they should just accept this. Again, I still don't see where I'm getting rejections for doing this.
I don't know why they added the (not to pick fields like, name, address, zip etc. Only to pick up the information typed in these fields). That is common sense.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:57 AM
WAHM Regular

i type the line that is the most readable, if they are all readable i type the first line. i have a very low miss rate, under 1% and type all day everyday. not saying it is right, but i'm going to continue doing it this way as i don't see a lot of rejected tasks doing this.
Old Today, 06:50 AM
WAHM Regular

The state of Pennsylvania is where I'm finding these type of snippets. It is a bit unbelievable that they have not been able to see that. I've seen that as long as I have been doing this. If you are switching around frequently between types of work, it is hard to know exactly where your rejected ones are coming from because they take to so long to process some of them. I sometimes will rack up 2 or 3 hundred pending so how am I to know exactly where I am making an error. I really don't want to stop typing so I can try to figure out this problem, especially when I have limited time to type. I certainly don't want to type 10 or 15 snippets and sit and wait for them to process to see if I am doing it correctly. LionBridge needs to do that research and fix it, not us.
I also get irritated when someone loads the work upside down! And the hundreds of blank boxes this past week where a date is supposed to be.
OK off my soapbox, y'all have a great weekend!