Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Tax Classification Questions

...are back up. Had to retake it, thought I did better this time than last time and...only scored 49%.
Looks like I won't be seeing any of THAT work.
Best of luck, all! It's a hard test. (At least, I thought so.)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 08:39 PM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampchick View Post
...are back up. Had to retake it, thought I did better this time than last time and...only scored 49%.
Looks like I won't be seeing any of THAT work.
Best of luck, all! It's a hard test. (At least, I thought so.)
It is extremely hard. I just spent over an hour on it between reading the instructions and only getting through about 13 of the questions. I can't do it all in one sitting. Will try to complete it tomorrow night. There are too many scenarios with this. Unless you are good at preparing taxes and have used a program like Turbo Tax, I think it's going to be hard to pass this one. I do use a program like Turbo Tax and have even used Turbo Tax. But these questions are hard to categorize. I mean really you need a tutorial with all of these scenarios to be able to answer correctly. I hope I pass, but I don't know. This is realllllllllllyyyyyy hard.

I was so excited too to see it was posted again. But it is seriously making my head hurt. If it takes long to get through the next 20 questions, I may just not even finish this one. I really think they need a video tutorial training for this one. 100 hundred questions is a lot to have to get through in order to qualify.

It's quite frustrating.

This needs to pay really well for all of this frustration. Ugggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Christ Rules!

Talking

I scored 34%! LOL! I thought a lot of questions were easy; like the installation, didn't get refund, and form questions, but I guess I was still categorizing them incorrectly.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I scored 34%! LOL! I thought a lot of questions were easy; like the installation, didn't get refund, and form questions, but I guess I was still categorizing them incorrectly.
Don't feel bad!
I thought I had done well, too. And I think you're right...some categories seem like they should've been condensed/simplified, like a scenario could plausibly fit 2 or more categories in some instances.
And I've never used TurboTax (my husband does that for us), so I think I was behind the curve for that, as well.
Oh, well! Better luck for us on the next test, hopefully!
Old 01-17-2018, 11:15 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Don't feel bad!
I thought I had done well, too. And I think you're right...some categories seem like they should've been condensed/simplified, like a scenario could plausibly fit 2 or more categories in some instances.
And I've never used TurboTax (my husband does that for us), so I think I was behind the curve for that, as well.
Oh, well! Better luck for us on the next test, hopefully!
They really seem to give you as much time as you need to do them, but still some of the categories are too broad. They don't cover enough specific scenarios. People ask the same thing in different ways. So any way, I got through 50 questions and will try to get through the remaining 50 later on today. There are so many different categories and sub categories that it is confusing and hard to remember what everything means without spending a lot of time researching for each scenario. There really aren't two of the same scenarios.

I tried writing some notes to group what I thought were like questions together and answered them the same.

I'll let you all know what I score on tomorrow.

Did anyone who took this pass? They need to make the passing score 50 or 60. I mean really this is a tedious and hard evaluation. I think what happens too is you spend so much time trying to make sure that you're categorizing things properly that on some questions, I just was like I hope this is right. I mean if you spend 10 minutes researching every case, you'll be taking this eval for 2 days.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:22 AM
WAHM Addict

Well sadly like everyone else I thought I did well, but my evaluation score said differently. I scored a 38%. So this tells me that we all were on the same page probably with our answers. This also tells me they need to simplify these categories a lot more, if no one is able to pass this eval. The instructions and categories and sub categories are too convoluted and confusing. I have no clue what they were looking for, when most of what I categorized was basically what was found in the description of these categories. So anyway mad I spent a lot of time and stayed up late doing this only to not pass. SUCKS big time. Well, hopefully they will release something else that is more easy on the brain for us. Unbelievable.

Last edited by LadyMia; 01-18-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Well sadly like everyone else I thought I did well, but my evaluation score said differently. I scored a 38%. So this tells me that we all were on the same page probably with our answers. This also tells me they need to simplify these categories a lot more, if no one is able to pass this eval. The instructions and categories and sub categories are too convoluted and confusing. I have no clue what they were looking for, when most of what I categorized was basically what was found in the description of these categories. So anyway mad I spent a lot of time and stayed up late doing this only to not pass. SUCKS big time. Well, hopefully they will release something else that is more easy on the brain for us. Unbelievable.

I absolutely agree with you! Instructions need to be a lot more streamlined. The categories need to be re-evaluated. Way too convoluted, all around.
Sorry that you scored low, but it does make me feel better that I wasn't the only one!
Better luck for all of us next time.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:05 AM
WAHM Regular

I also think it's pretty telling that most of us are high-scorers & have high accuracy in other evals (data entry, reading comprehension, audio transcription, BAM, etc.) & yet we're having so much trouble & scoring low for this particular eval, even though the company is saying, "Here! We think you'd do well at this!"
Definitely makes me think it's the test, & not us.
We're smart people, gosh darn it!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:13 AM
WAHM Regular

BAM Advanced, Audio Transcription, Apparel Classification...they are all walks in the park compared to this Tax test, in my opinion. For real.
It made my brain hurt.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
BAM Advanced, Audio Transcription, Apparel Classification...they are all walks in the park compared to this Tax test, in my opinion. For real.
It made my brain hurt.
Yes, my brain still hurts this morning and I took my time and spent a couple of hours or more taking it. I kept trying not to overthink things.

Speaking of BAM they never replaced those scores for me.

Plus in that Tax Question eval there were some questions where they were asking about 2 different things in the same sentence. So it was hard to decide which part of the question to categorize. So yes, they need to do something else to streamline this test or else they're not going to have anyone working on it.

And yes we all are intelligent and smart workers, cuz we've passed most other evals they have had up there.

I have snow in my part of the country in NC, so I've been snowed in for going on 2 days.

Happy day all.

Closed Thread