Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Web & Office > VirtualBee (formerly KeyForCash)

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Default transcription ???

This question is for those of you who are doing the transcription. Are you able to just hear it from the your computer speaker or do you actually have to get the equipment like medical transcriptionists use: foot pedal and earphones, etc.? I'm assuming you don't have to have all of that to do it on VB, but don't want to open the test on here until I know for sure. It seems like a good idea to use this platform to get a little practice.

My schooling was about 3 years ago, and I was having a hard time with my special needs child. I also don't have the equipment, I used some from the school.

Any information y'all have would be appreciated. She is feeling better now than she ever has in 21 years. So I need to get myself a real job!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 09:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbit View Post
This question is for those of you who are doing the transcription. Are you able to just hear it from the your computer speaker or do you actually have to get the equipment like medical transcriptionists use: foot pedal and earphones, etc.? I'm assuming you don't have to have all of that to do it on VB, but don't want to open the test on here until I know for sure. It seems like a good idea to use this platform to get a little practice.

My schooling was about 3 years ago, and I was having a hard time with my special needs child. I also don't have the equipment, I used some from the school.

Any information y'all have would be appreciated. She is feeling better now than she ever has in 21 years. So I need to get myself a real job!
There is an evaluation showing on your account for the transcription? I thought they stopped allowing that eval to be taken a while ago? I wonder if they opened it back up?

You probably don't need transcription equipment to do it though. They are very short snippets of audio to type. Just need a good set of headphones from what I remembered of taking the evaluation test. Unfortunately I didn't pass it, even though it seemed simple enough to me. Wishing you much success in passing it.

Last edited by LadyMia; 07-27-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:51 AM
WAHM Regular

I think some people may use equipment, but I've always done the transcription with just headphones & that worked just fine for me.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you all for the replies. Yes, the evaluation is still on my screen.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbit View Post
Thank you all for the replies. Yes, the evaluation is still on my screen.
You're welcome. I would suggest to copy and paste the instructions into note pad or word, so you can refer to them during the test. I don't think you can access them once they pop up and you click the X to close them out. I wish I had remembered to do that, because I probably would have passed, instead of trying to rely on my memory.

Last edited by LadyMia; 07-28-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:16 PM
WAHM Regular

I printed them out, but it's been several months so I'm not really sure where they are. Hopefully I will find them, or it will let me see it again. Some of it seemed kind of odd to me, but I don't remember exactly what it was.