Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Super WAHM

Default Blanks

If I got paid for all the times I have to hit / "blank" I would make a good check.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2016, 03:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldaddy View Post
If I got paid for all the times I have to hit / "blank" I would make a good check.
Well, we do get paid for keying blanks. It's just when there are so many it takes away from how much we make per hour, cuz it takes too many blanks to make 35 cents. I hate blanks, because they ruin my hourly rate since there are not a lot of characters to key.

This will be the first time in months I wasn't able to make payout too. The work load has been horrible this pay period for evening work and the blanks make it hard to reach payout in a reasonable time. Plus today I'm noticing lots of snippets won't load, so have to keep logging in & out every few mins. This is for the birds. I give up on this. I was hoping there would be non-stop work tonight, so I could make payout, but oh well looks like it's not gonna happen.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Super WAHM

The site was having problems for me today as well. Snippets didn't keep up with my speed, kept shutting down, snippets with a blue area in top left which means it wasn't able to show the picture of the snippet ... even the instruction tab was doing that ... and then when I tried to get out of a queue, it asked me if I wanted to leave the site. I had never seen that before today. A few times when it kicked me out, it wouldn't let me back in because it said it wasn't a secure site. And I also got a ton of blanks. Makes my fingers hurt to key them all. Oh ... and those 1b 1c are a true pain. I keyed them how I had in days prior ... and today I got a bunch of rejected snippets. Then I keyed them differently and it seemed to lessen my rejected rate. Interesting. I am just keying and not thinking about whether I make payout or not. The site seems to work for awhile and then it blitzes out again.

Last edited by viwiz; 06-15-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Grand WAHM

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
The site was having problems for me today as well. Snippets didn't keep up with my speed, kept shutting down, snippets with a blue area in top left which means it wasn't able to show the picture of the snippet ... even the instruction tab was doing that ... and then when I tried to get out of a queue, it asked me if I wanted to leave the site. I had never seen that before today. A few times when it kicked me out, it wouldn't let me back in because it said it wasn't a secure site. And I also got a ton of blanks. Makes my fingers hurt to key them all. Oh ... and those 1b 1c are a true pain. I keyed them how I had in days prior ... and today I got a bunch of rejected snippets. Then I keyed them differently and it seemed to lessen my rejected rate. Interesting. I am just keying and not thinking about whether I make payout or not. The site seems to work for awhile and then it blitzes out again.
Yes, I'm experiencing all of the same. Gave me false hope, cuz more work showed up & I was keying for while. But again too many blank snippets made it hard to make a lot in that hour I keyed. Still holding out hope I can make it. Just a little under 3 hours left to this day to get there. I need around $7 and some change to make it. If I could just get some full snippets for an hour and maybe 15 mins, I can make it. Come on VB, send out nice full queues of work and not a bunch of blanks to key. Arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Well, we do get paid for keying blanks.
We definitely don't.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw84 View Post
We definitely don't.
Since when do we not get paid for blanks???!!! They are counted as keystrokes. I've been with KFC/VB for 7 years & we've always gotten paid for blanks. If they don't pay anymore for blanks then that is something new they just started. But they do get counted in with our keystrokes. Skips don't count as keystrokes, but blanks do. So, not sure where you're getting this from.

I need some old school workers to chime in here, because I'm certain we do get credit for blanks otherwise we may as well skip them. But if you key the slash (/) for blanks they get counted as a keystroke character.

Last edited by LadyMia; 06-17-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:14 AM
WAHM Regular

We do get paid for blanks.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue" I need some old school workers to chime in here, because I'm certain we do get credit for blanks otherwise we may as well skip them. But if you key the slash (/) for blanks they get counted as a keystroke character. [/COLOR]
Been doing this since 2010. Yeah, I USED to get paid for blanks. Seems like it stopped some time around the move to The Smart Crowd.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
We do get paid for blanks.
Not what you told me in that PM. Maybe they've fixed the problem for you, but not me. And possibly not the OP, considering they've noticed it.