Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:43 AM
WAHM Regular

They did correct mine. We do get paid for blanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2016, 06:44 AM
WAHM Regular

When I sent you that pm, it was because I was not getting paid for blanks. I knew we were supposed to. I emailed them and they corrected it.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Look at the instructions - example Dollars

Dollars
Key numeric dollar amounts without the cents.
If an item is blank, type a single slash "/". You will see Blank displayed and you will receive credit for a single keystroke.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:58 PM
WAHM Regular

When you're working in a queue and you've done a lot of blanks, look at the number for Submitted Characters at the top of the page, leave the queue, and when you go back into a queue again, you will see the submitted characters are less than they were before. This is what people are saying anyway.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:41 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach24 View Post
When you're working in a queue and you've done a lot of blanks, look at the number for Submitted Characters at the top of the page, leave the queue, and when you go back into a queue again, you will see the submitted characters are less than they were before. This is what people are saying anyway.
I know that we are supposed to get paid for blanks. I'll have to watch my counts more closely to make sure they are paying me for the blanks, because to not get paid for them would be crazy when there are so many in the work these days. This wasn't always the case, plus so many blanks causes the system to slow down & not keep up, cuz I whip through blanks so fast. So, I'm gonna have to make sure they are paying me for my blanks. I don't have time to waste and not get paid. Thanks for pointing this out.

ETA - Of course there's no work for me to check it out right now. Will have to check tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach24 View Post
I noticed this, but when I resume working I have noticed that Submitted Characters go up again.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
When I sent you that pm, it was because I was not getting paid for blanks. I knew we were supposed to. I emailed them and they corrected it.
Exactly how did they correct it? What did you see different than you were seeing before? There was quite a fired up conversation on The Smart Crowd's board where some believed that by watching the count go down upon entering a new queue, that was proof we weren't being paid for the blanks. My count did that but I figured somehow it was coming out in the wash and since they say we get paid for blanks, I trust them to do so. By the way, I noticed when I press HELP now, it lists FAQ. I had to log into The Smart Crown ZenDesk directly to see member live posts. Interesting. Seems they've changed up a few things lately.

Last edited by viwiz; 06-22-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Went I sent the pm, (which is supposed to be private) I saw that skips were being calculated instead of blanks. I emailed them and now the blanks are calculated. I also take there word for it, that we are paid for blanks. I've seen how SUBMITTED goes down and up. If they stopped paying for blanks, they should post that information.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM
WAHM Addict

OK, I'm fuming because I just did a test where all I did was key blanks. And from what I can see I'm not earning when I key them. I would go in a queue & if it started out with blanks, I'd key only the blanks & when I got to a snippet with something in it, I'd go out & get into another queue that starts with blanks. So, it is showing that I submitted the tasks & they were approved, therefore I should have earned something but I didn't. I haven't keyed anything today except these blanks & my earnings column for today still says $0. So, therefore I am not being paid for my blanks.

This is highway robbery and unfair, because 50% or more of these queues have blanks in them. Which means if you key 10,000 per hour that should be $3.50 (provided you keyed 10,000 correct snippets). But if 50% of the snippets for that hour were blank, then you would only make $1.75. That's a bunch of bull & they need to fix this. I did send them an email via the support link on the website & I really hope they fix this. Because now we only make half of what we used to make, with them not paying us for keying blanks. I always said it seemed as if they threw in a lot of blanks to reduce our hourly rate, because you don't end up keying a lot of characters per hour. But now this is just downright stealing from us the way they have it rigged now.

I REFUSE to do anymore keying until they fix mine, because this is wrong on so many levels. NOT HAPPY at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, these are my stats for today after keying over 100 blank snippets & getting no pay for them. As you can see the tasks approved and tasks skipped columns equal the Tasks submitted column, yet I was not credited with any cash for keying the blank snippets. I should have made over 3 cents for keying all of those. I'm am TOO MAD and want my money for that work I did.

Tasks Submitted 172
Tasks Pending 0 0
Tasks Approved 171
Tasks Rejected 0
Tasks Skipped 1
Earned $0.00

Last edited by LadyMia; 06-23-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:38 PM
WAHM Addict

OK, so now I just did another test. I wanted to see just how many blanks would come up while trying to find snippets with work in them to key. So, in trying to get to 501 characters, I came across 376 blanks. What I did to get that count was I skipped the blanks instead of keying the /, and then whatever my skipped tasks # came up to meant that's how many blanks there were in between snippets that had characters to key. So, for that total of 877 snippets I touched, I only got paid for 501. So, this is how it is every time we are keying. As I stated 50% of these snippets are blanks, so we're really only being paid 1/2 of what the total # of submitted and approved tasks is showing in our stats. So, them raising up the pay rate doesn't mean JACK, if we're not being paid for 1/2 of the snippets we key, which of course would be those blank snippets we're wasting our time keying the slash (/) in.

I hope they fix this soon, cuz I'm not doing any more work. Just wanted to prove some facts.

Last edited by LadyMia; 06-23-2016 at 03:39 PM.