Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Confused on certain keying

First, I'm not taking any tests. I've been with KFC for over a year.

There are a few areas that I seem to possibly keep getting wrong and can't figure out the correct way to handle.

multiple lines of data - is it proper to key the bottom one, mark '/' blank, or skip?

Last edited by ranman2; 10-20-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
WAHM Regular

D&C - sorry I don't know this one. I don't do much in this category.

Multiple lines - I've actually emailed them on this one. You should skip any snippet that contains more than one line of data.

mostly visible - I kind of play these by ear, depending on just how much is hidden. Sometimes as much as half the line will be hidden, which I always skip even if I know what it says. Frustrating, I know.

Alpha - It's correct to type these, even though you cannot type those characters.

Hope this helps some.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Super WAHM

I have been keying since March of this year. I recently ran across new snippets that I had not seen before and typing them differently yielded no concrete result whether they were being done correctly or not. So I wrote to ask them. It is alphanumeric and it shows a state ... PA ... and an ID number following it. I wanted to know if a space between the sets was appropriate or not. Here is what they wrote me:

Thank you for contacting KeyForCash.

Part of the evaluation process is measuring potential keyers ability to determine what should be keyed or not keyed based on the directions provided. Please review the keying instructions for each work type before you begin keying.

Regards,
The KeyForCash.com Team

Now that was real helpful. First off, I am not in the evaluation phase. Oh well, I wrote them and said I would figure it out on my own. Wanted to say thanks for nothing.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 PM
WAHM Regular

The reply they gave you was stupid. They really need better examples on the site.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
I have been keying since March of this year. I recently ran across new snippets that I had not seen before and typing them differently yielded no concrete result whether they were being done correctly or not. So I wrote to ask them. It is alphanumeric and it shows a state ... PA ... and an ID number following it. I wanted to know if a space between the sets was appropriate or not. Here is what they wrote me:

Thank you for contacting KeyForCash.

Part of the evaluation process is measuring potential keyers ability to determine what should be keyed or not keyed based on the directions provided. Please review the keying instructions for each work type before you begin keying.

Regards,
The KeyForCash.com Team

Now that was real helpful. First off, I am not in the evaluation phase. Oh well, I wrote them and said I would figure it out on my own. Wanted to say thanks for nothing.

I've seen these new ones. At first, I was confused and then because it was so many of them, I started making a guess at what they are keyed as. Since the ones I did last night seems to have cleared try keying them like this. If I'm wrong, someone please correct what I'm saying.

Alphanumeric:
State ID number (or something like this)
PA | 1234 5678 (the | is part of the form)

I will key:

pa 1234 5678

IF it has this:

State ID number (or something like this)
PA | 8654321 (the | is part of the form)

I will key:

pa 8654321

HTH,
Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
That's the same response I received when I sent in a specific question. They know based on our account/email address that we are no longer in "evaluation" mode.

Yesterday, I did a batch slowly to ensure 100% accuracy. I backed out of anything I wasn't 100% sure about how to key. It still left 30 non-confirmed. I would only key super easy ones during this session. On a different session, I know for a fact that I messed one up by leaving off 1 character but it confirmed it as correct because there were 0 non-confirmed after that session.

Anyone who wants to share tips/tricks, feel free to PM me. I'll share my tips/tricks as well.

On a good note - I made payout 2nd week in a row. Yippee!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Super WAHM

Michelle: I did exactly as your examples. I also did a test and didn't put a space between PA123456788 but while keying, I saw there were differences between my stats page and the snippets area and that was confusing me. I was unable to tell which was correct based on unconfirmed/confirmed so I went back to what I felt was right and I put a space between the sets. That's when I wrote to KFC asking and you see they were no help. I looked a day later and the high unconfirmed numbers had dropped to very low numbers.

I didn't make payout week before last. I was short a couple of dollars but I made up for it this week.

I have seen alot of snippets that definitely need to be skipped and yet, I get concerned about the number since they say you can be terminated. So each week I am just glad if I get through it and if they terminate me, they do.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered WAHM

Default confused

when keying in, mainly, the numerical or dollars only category...how do you treat the snippets that contain all xxxxxxxx's or just state ''NONE''?? Is it safe to assume you can just enter 0 (zero) or do you skip these? I've emailed them about this, but have yet to receive a response. Just want to verify it so it doesn't affect my accuracy.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Super WAHM

I'm not sure about the xxxxxxxxx's ... I think I have skipped those, but not sure if that's right. The word NONE should be a SKIP in both numerical and dollars only.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
I'm not sure about the xxxxxxxxx's ... I think I have skipped those, but not sure if that's right. The word NONE should be a SKIP in both numerical and dollars only.
I had others suggest to show NONE as blank '/'. When I started marking them as blank, I started getting these confirmed. I've heard it both ways.