Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Super WAHM

Default Interface stuff

There are two things that have happened during keying sessions. The first is that the next snippet to follow often is blurred ... as if it can't refresh fast enough. It happens mostly in "letters only" but I have seen it in other categories as well. The second thing is I get a hesitation when going from one snippet to the next ... like a hiccup ... and then it finally continues and catches up. That doesn't happen alot but now and then it has.

I got a new computer and I was thinking these things would be a thing of the past but lo and behold, I am still experiencing it the same as on my other computer. Does anyone else ever have these things happen?

I thought it could have been caused from my virus software doing its backup of files to an online storage area slowing it up, so I disabled that feature. I certainly am surprised that the new computer is having these same issues. I didn't expect that at all so perhaps it is something going on with KFC's site. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular

It probably wouldn't have anything to do with your computer, but more to do with your internet connection. Depends on how "fast" your type of connection is......
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi viwiz,

I have had the same problems once in awhile. I have a very fast computer, so I don't think it's that. I do type pretty fast, but I don't know if that would cause a problem or not. It's probably an issue on KFC's end. Now that I've seen it a few times, I just stop typing for a few seconds and then the boxes "correct" themselves and I can keep going. My only worry is that maybe when I do type some of those repetitive boxes before I realize what's happening, that they are counting against my accuracy? I hope not.

Sorry I don't really have an answer, I just wanted you to know it's not just happening to you.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Super WAHM

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one. I also have had it happen when I didn't realize it and the keystrokes might not have been accurate because of that. No clue.

I suspect maybe we're typing faster than the portal can pop the snippets up .. I don't know. I have 7 mbps DSL so I think my internet is fine. Just bugs me that these strange hiccups have happened ... and I thought it was because I needed a new computer! LOL I really did need a new one though.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Super WAHM

A new thing happened in the last couple of days: I was typing a snippet, it stopped so I waited for it to "catch up" ... which it never did. So I typed several strokes of the same key and still nothing. Then I saw my "time out" circle appear and the screen went half intensity. I waited and it finally was OK again. I think this has to be a KFC thing and not my new computer. At least I hope so. However, why would that happen? What is happening on KFC, if that's the issue? Anyone else see this behavior in the last few days???