CityThrive LLC

• Hi,
    I just got a random flyer in the mail for a Virtual Assistant job. I'm wondering if it's legit, since it was addressed to "Resident" (not me specifically) and the website looks very bare. Plus, the job specifies "no experience needed" and "training provided" but $25/hour seems an awful lot to pay for an entry-level job.

For the record, I'm not a VA (my online work is more in the line of online teaching/tutoring/writing) so I'm not really thinking about applying, though I did do admin-type work back in the 1990s.
  • I've checked it out, and so far I'm getting some bad vibes from it. There's no contact information except a phone number. (Even though it's a US number, according to Whois, the website was created in Iceland.) Also, there aren't any names of the people who run the company. If I were you, I'd tread with caution.
  • Quote: I've checked it out, and so far I'm getting some bad vibes from it. There's no contact information except a phone number. (Even though it's a US number, according to Whois, the website was created in Iceland.) Also, there aren't any names of the people who run the company. If I were you, I'd tread with caution.
    Totally agree. I think there is one name on the general website of the owner but that's it. Thank you for checking that out. Good thing it's not my field (online teaching/tutoring/writing are my thing) so I'm not applying :-D.