Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Hello Everyone ! A question about doing travel at home

Good afternoon everyone !

I am a stay at home mom and have been for the last 10 years (I have an 11 year old and a 3 year old). I recently graduated from college with my Bachelors Degree but can't seem to find an outside job right now to fit my needs.

I have been thinking a long time about doing something travel related. I LOVE to travel and love to plan trips for someone else (have done so for a friend and family before) even if I'm not going. So I thought maybe I would be good at being a travel agent at home.

I recently saw some ads for KHM Travel. Does anyone work for this company, is it a good one, can you make decent money. Any other places that are good?

Thank you in advance for any information/help you can provide me.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Default Go to Joinavoya.com. It's the BEST travel agency!

My step mom recently had to close here escrow company because of the economy and she joined Avoya Travel. It is American Expresses travel agency, but easy to get into. As long as you are customer service oriented and have a positive attitude, you will pass the two phone interviews with flying colors. They give you referrals all the time. My step mom is thrilled, travels monthly, wins trips, and makes really good money! joinavoya.com
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 PM
WAHM Regular

How long has your stepmom been with that agency?
Old 02-15-2015, 02:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Travel is exciting!! I have been with the same home based travel company since 2006.
The industry is a lot of fun and rewarding.
Please let me know if I can help you in any way.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've heard that Dugan's Travel is one of the best for agents. I think they have a website that is very informative. Here's a link if you're interested:

Dugan's Travels | Independent Agents > Home

Please let us know how this turns out for you - inquiring minds want to know !

To your success,

Pink Pea
Old 02-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Mind sharing which agency.. Would like to get back into the travel world.. but still be at home with my toddler. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Registered WAHM

First try to figure out what approach works for you. You could work under a host agency, try to get a 9-5 type of job with a travel agency who will let you telecommute, start your own agency or partner with a travel club type of company. Each has its own pros and con's. What works for one person may not be right for you. I looked at several different opportunities before deciding and so far it has paid off. I still work outside of my home for now but I'm a certified agent with an IATA card so I was able to get AMAZING rates for my sisters entire destination wedding. And i earned a nice commission. Just research research research. Workplacelikehome.com is another good resource.

Last edited by 4eversleepless; 02-25-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm an at home travel agent with Paycation. I love it and there is huge potential with them. You get 75% commission and also a 75% discount on your own travel. I would love to share more information with you about them. You can also visit www.mytravelmoney.info to learn some more about it. Contact me if interested and I'll be happy to answers your questions!