Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thumbs up What does a host agency provide

I am one of many on this board who seem to be thinking about becoming a travel agent and I have a few questions: I am sure many others have the same questions.

-Does the host agency provide leads ?

-Does the host agency provide a variety of travel brochures that I can send out ?

-How do travel agents market their services ?

-Does the host agency provide a web site for me to share with others or is this something I have to take care of myself ?

Thanks in advance for all who take time to answer these questions. I appreciate your time

Pink Pea
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 04:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi PinkPea, this is an excellent source about host agencies: Host Agency Reviews - Real Reviews from Real Travel Agents

It provides some articles and info on ALOT of different host agencies.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPea View Post
I am one of many on this board who seem to be thinking about becoming a travel agent and I have a few questions: I am sure many others have the same questions.

-Does the host agency provide leads ?

-Does the host agency provide a variety of travel brochures that I can send out ?

-How do travel agents market their services ?

-Does the host agency provide a web site for me to share with others or is this something I have to take care of myself ?

Thanks in advance for all who take time to answer these questions. I appreciate your time

Pink Pea
Let me see is I can help...

Most host agencies do not provide leads.

Suppliers (disney, cruise lines, etc) will provide you with travel brochures for their products. But most have online brochures.

You will have to market yourself. Phone book, Facebook, linked in, you tube, etc.

Each host agency is different in what they provide. My host (mtravel) does provide a 'generic' website, that they keep up to date. I personally focus on Disney Travel... so I created my own website.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

My host agency (mtravel) has a great video online;
MTravel Overview

Last edited by momof4CA; 06-25-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM
WAHM Regular

There are a ton of Host agencies out there. Goto Travel News: Travel Industry News & International Travel News and download thier blackbook. It is on the home page on the right hand side. This book will have a ton of info on the bigger host agencies and what they offer. When you find one that you like call them, all of them will be happy to talk with you.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Many Professional Travel Agents find that working with a "host" agency is the most desirable way to operate their independent travel business. Host agencies specialize in offering independents sophisticated services, overrides, automation, quality control and support. They offer meaningful commissions and overrides. You understand what you are getting for your investment

Tags
travel agent marketing