WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Transcription Services & Scopists (https://www.wahm.com/forum/transcription-services-scopists-55/)
-   -   Companies that Hire ICs - General, Medical, Legal (https://www.wahm.com/forum/transcription-services-scopists-55/445937-companies-hire-ics-general-medical-legal.html)

jnmurra 07-31-2009 06:53 AM

Companies that Hire ICs - General, Medical, Legal

Please take note that these are mostly all General and Legal transcription companies -- There may be more information contained within this thread so read on through!

SpeakWrite Typist Personal Page and Information Area

Verbalink (Escriptionist) Transcription Services - Verbal Ink

PeopleSupport (Rapidtext) Aegis PeopleSupport: High Performance Outsourcing for the Global Enterprise

The Transcription Company The Transcription Company

CyberDictate Legal Transcription :: Legal Dictation :: Transcription Service :: Online Transcription :: Dictate by Phone :: Tape Transcription :: Online Dictation :: Transcribe :: Professional Transcriptionist :: Your Complete Online Transcription Company.

Purple Shark Purple Shark Consulting

Tigerfish Tigerfish: Employment

Ubiqus Ubiqus - Transcription, Translation, Interpretation, Audience Response Systems

TASK Document Services TASK Contractors Description

NetTranscripts Net Transcripts | Law Enforcement Transcription Services

Accutran Global [email protected] "They mainly do transcription of financial conference calls and quarterly earnings release calls. They hire with no experience!"

Morningside Partners Morningside Partners, LLC

Neal R. Gross http://www.nealrgross.com Court reporting firm

Wordz Xpressed wordZXpressed Transcription Services It appears they do both medical and nonmedical. Do not hire outside of United States

Express Document Service http://www.expressdocument.net./index.html It appears they do both legal and medical.

Cambridge Transcription http://www.ctran.com/employ.htm

Domenichelli Business Services Transcription Services: Modern Day Scribe Information directly from the company:
We’re real sticklers for perfection and we don’t hire anyone without experience. I am adding to the team all the time, but only those who meet our requirements:

-You have proficiency in MS Word;

-You are an established independent contractor with a dedicated home office and set daytime office hours;

-Your home office is equipped with a digital transcription system, preferably the Start-Stop PowerPlay for Windows Media;

-Your home office is equipped with up-to-date computer equipment, with ability to transcribe DVDs;

-Your home office is equipped with high speed Internet service;

-Your home office is equipped with FTP software and you have command of its application; AND

-You can commit to staying visible to management and rest of virtual team throughout your work day via a private online bulletin board.

PLEASE NOTE: Domenichelli Business Services only uses ICs from the mainland United States. Do not send your resume if you are not based in the great 48.

Domenichelli Business Services
302 Ventura St
Ludlow MA 01056
Phone: 413 547-8400
mailto:[email protected]
Transcription Services: Modern Day Scribe

Chromolume Transcription Chromolume Transcription - Contact Us

Acetera, Inc. www.acetera.com Information regarding this company courtesy of Deborah Levinson, Director of Operations at Acetera:

Feel free to add Acetera to the list of companies hiring ICs. We are currently looking for at least a dozen experienced Medical Transcriptionists, and our non-Medical Transcription needs are growing rapidly as well.

We have a competitive pay schedule, a great group of managers and team leaders, and company policies which always take into account the human side of working at home.

Thanks folks! I probably haven't been by WAHM.com for close to five years. I'm very glad it's still here.

Deborah

MxSecure Medical Transcription Services | Medical Transcription | MxSecure Medical Transcription, information:

Sten Tel Transcription Services, Healthcare Dictation Documentation Information:

ANP Transcriptions - ANP Transcriptions

ANP hires experienced medical, legal and general transcriptionists from the US and Canadas independent contractors. They prefer transcriptionists who can commmit to two audio hours four days a week. Turn around times are quick but not unreasonable, and pay is by the word.

I've worked for them for over a year. I do a lot of medical advisory board meetings, conferences, round tables, et cetera. They're good to work for.

OSI Transcription—Medical Transcription Information:

Go to that website to apply.

Production Transcripts Employment at Production Transcripts

Note: Transcribers must be highly proficient and experienced transcribers. Only transcribers with experience transcribing from digital files will be hired. Prior to employment there will be a test. Please indicate your previous transcription experience, your current WPM, and your current employment situation. No beginners, no students. Production Transcripts hires freelance transcriptionists for general and video transcription.

Transcription 2000 Choosing transcription services by Transcription 2000 Services AT2 Transcription services Los Angeles

More links:

Transcription Services - Accurate, Timely Transcription Services

Transcripts & Transcriptions

Medical Transcription Employment

Medical Transcription Jobs, Transcription Work at home

Scribes Transcription Services
(preference given to Canadian residents)
Transcription / Transcribing Work in Canada

Mass Transcription (does NOT provide medical transcription services)
Tucson Transcription Opportunities

TSI Transcription Services Inc - Careers
careers

Bridge Documents provides true i Hires IC Medical Transcriptionists

Film, TV, Video and Broadcast - Transcription Services in Canada - Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Burnaby, Quebec City, Halifax This is a site for Transcription Services - Entertainment. Check out this site.

Film, TV, Video and Broadcast - Crew Hire and Support Services in Canada - Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Burnaby, Quebec City, Halifax This site is same, but different location. Many things to check out.

Film, TV, Video and Broadcast - Transcription Services Same site again, different info to check over.

GMR Transcription Inquiries can be made to: [email protected]
[email protected]
"We are only looking for experienced medical transcriptionists at this time."

Accentance Accentance Videography They are open to new transcriptionists, have a better starting rate than some other companies, and allowances are made for not-so-good audio.

BIG LINK courtesy of Silvi:

Open Directory - Business: Business Services: Office Services: General Transcription and Word Processing

Feel free to add more if you can think of more.It should also be noted that if you visit the Telecommuting Mom's Folder and visit folder titled "READ THIS FIRST ....first stop for Newbies" there will be an abundance of information concerning transcription companies including legal, general and medical.

Interesting tidbits

Helpful information from 4under4:

If you are looking at doing general transcription, there's really no way to "train" for it. It's really just a matter of getting your foot in the door and doing it regularly to build your speed. It does take a certain level of typing speed (I would say if you are much under 70 WPM, you need to work on that first), and you may need to purchase some software and equipment.

Every company has their own format and rules for whether you are to type what you are hearing verbatim, etc. so that's why I say you can't really train for it. The subject matter will vary greatly, so it's not like there are certain vocabulary words you can study or anything. I will say that if you are a well-read person and have a basic knowledge of a wide variety of topics, you will find this work much easier. It's also a benefit to have good research skills because you will definitely come across a lot of terms and companies that you need to look up.

There are companies that are willing to hire with no experience, AccuTran and Tigerfish being two that I can think of off the top of my head. In fact, Tigerfish has their test posted on their site, so you can give it a try and see if it's really something that you would enjoy. Their contact information is listed in a sticky post at the top of this forum. After that, the best place to check is Craigslist to try and get temporary assignments that will give you the experience to apply at other companies.

Information courtesy of Iliketotype:

Description of financial transcription, or earnings calls:

Corporations announce their earnings publicly every quarter (in addition to filing SEC forms).They usually do it via a conference call, called a quarterly earnings conference call, and analysts for sure and probably stockholders can dial in to participate in the conference call.

They usually last anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes and consist of the chief financial officer and the CEO/president presenting the information, and then a question and answer session where participants in the call, usually analysts,can ask questions for the corporate people to answer.

Once you have experience with these and with the format you're instructed to use, they aren't that difficult except for two things: a lot of research is usually required for company subsidiary names, company product or brand names, etc., and the turn-around time is usually fast, like within 3 to 5 hours. The research is made easier if the company has a good website and is made much more difficult if it does not.

nztranscriptionist 08-02-2009 02:55 PM

Any for NZ? International?

Hi jnmurra

This is a great list. I have checked a few - some servicing only US and Canada which is great for US and Canada.

It just occurred to me to ask before I go:

Do you know of any that hire internationally?

I will check out a few more of them.

Thanks

jnmurra 08-02-2009 03:25 PM

Hi NZ,

I can't take credit for the content as the members are the ones who put together the list. It was posted here by the previous owner of the board and when we made the switch this week, the formatting ended up totally screwed up, so I had to "fix it" and re-post.

I personally can't think of any companies off the top of my head that hire internationally; however, I'll keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I find any.

sagmansub 10-09-2009 01:38 AM

Do let me know too please

It will be very kind of you to let me know too about any transcription company that is hiring internationally.

Thanks.

GloryBe 12-14-2009 04:52 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for this list. It helps a lot! At least this should give some new leads to those who are looking for other companies. Again, thanks!

KYMommy 01-29-2010 06:00 PM

Another thank you for the list - a great starting point and resource!

gwenllian111 09-20-2010 03:55 AM

Hello,

Can I just add my company too, please?

Based in the UK, Digital Audio Transcription Services Cardiff, South Wales - Transcribe-This.org but we hire internationally.

Thank you! :)

fabbypink 09-22-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwenllian111 (Post 2655869)
Hello,

Can I just add my company too, please?

Based in the UK, Digital Audio Transcription Services Cardiff, South Wales - Transcribe-This.org but we hire internationally.

Thank you! :)

How do you apply?

Emery 09-22-2010 06:16 PM

If a company doesn't state where to apply per say, you can always inquire on their "Contact us" section.

Gwen from Transcribe-this posted yesterday here on WAHM to apply at the email listed under the contact section: [email protected]

hope that helps. :)

dmcofficeservic 10-06-2010 07:39 PM

IC Wanted for Transcription Overflow Work

Hi all,

I'm an independent contractor and I'm finding that I sometimes need a little extra help and would like to be able to reach out to some folks for assistance with transcription work. Please visit my website at DMC Office Services - Employment/Independant Contractor Information for additional info and to sign up.

Thanks in advance,

Denise Continisio
DMC Office Services

Transcription, phone-in dictation, data entry, mailings, database, proofreading and office support services that assist your business!