Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Foot Pedal question

I'm just wondering has anybody had to make their foot pedal a little softer by maybe adding a soft material to it? My foot is starting to hurt, I mean the bottom of my foot that I use on the foot pedal. I'm thinking if I find me something soft or fluffy might make it better. I know it's weird, but I'm a diabetic, and taking care of my feet is mandatory, especially in a position where I'm sitting most of the time, and using that one foot all the time I think is giving me some residual effects. Thanks for any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2017, 06:23 PM
WAHM Regular

It would have to be something relatively thin so that it doesn't throw the angle of your foot all out of whack. Maybe a part of an old yoga mat, a towel folded once or twice with a nice overhang front and back so it doesn't slip away? Or you could wear bunny slippers I guess.

Personally I try to mostly operate my pedal with my big toe so that my foot can lay relatively flat, but when I'm doing crunch time I find that my joints really don't appreciate it so I also put a pillow under my heel to level it out, but then you might have to adjust your chair too and that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Depending on your transcription style you might also try to set your main pedal to toggle instead of hold to play so that you're not having to put pressure on it all the time. There's a lot to play around with when trying to find what works best for you.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
It would have to be something relatively thin so that it doesn't throw the angle of your foot all out of whack. Maybe a part of an old yoga mat, a towel folded once or twice with a nice overhang front and back so it doesn't slip away? Or you could wear bunny slippers I guess.

Personally I try to mostly operate my pedal with my big toe so that my foot can lay relatively flat, but when I'm doing crunch time I find that my joints really don't appreciate it so I also put a pillow under my heel to level it out, but then you might have to adjust your chair too and that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Depending on your transcription style you might also try to set your main pedal to toggle instead of hold to play so that you're not having to put pressure on it all the time. There's a lot to play around with when trying to find what works best for you.
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll try a towel first and go from there.