Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Transcription Services & Scopists

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Willow_Tree Send a message via MSN to Willow_Tree Send a message via Yahoo to Willow_Tree
Smile Focus Groups Available - Overflow

A high level of confidentiality is required. The videos are all over 1-hour long. Hispanic accents may be, but not always, involved. The focus groups can involve up to 10 participants or less.

The pay is .75/page, and the time of payment is at the end of each month. The transcriptionist would be given a sample, which should be used as a guide in formatting. The participants would be numbered from left to right, i.e. participant 1, participant 2. I use Dropbox for delivering these focus groups.

An IC contract is required.

Thanks!

FYI: The number of pages will usually be 50 and above!

Last edited by Willow_Tree; 02-28-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Registered WAHM

Default That's quite an offer...

Hi,

You said pay is $0.75 per page? Wow! That's mighty low given that an hour-long audio is roughly 15-17 pages, depending on format and how many speakers are in the conversation. That translates to $10-$15 per audio hour?? Wow, that's an all-time low!!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrievirtual View Post
Hi,

You said pay is $0.75 per page? Wow! That's mighty low given that an hour-long audio is roughly 15-17 pages, depending on format and how many speakers are in the conversation. That translates to $10-$15 per audio hour?? Wow, that's an all-time low!!
As you have alluded to yourself, the actual pay here mostly depends on the format of the document. That does mean that the post is not as informative as it could be, but it also means that the best course of action is probably to ask about the format before expressing your shock and disbelief.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks for your reply though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF View Post
As you have alluded to yourself, the actual pay here mostly depends on the format of the document. That does mean that the post is not as informative as it could be, but it also means that the best course of action is probably to ask about the format before expressing your shock and disbelief.
I appreciate your reply to my comment, but I believe we are all entitled to comment on any posts on here. I know the number of pages depends on formatting, but I'm yet to find one format that makes an audio hour run for 100 pages.

So whether you understood where I was coming from or not, this pay is quite low even if the pages were to run to 20 or 30 pages for one audio hour. I know what I'm talking about as I've been a transcriber for over 10 years now.

Thanks for your reply but I knew what I was typing when I did!!!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
but I believe we are all entitled to comment on any posts on here.
Absolutely, and that goes both ways, so me replying to your estimation doesn't contradict that.

I don't mean to go into how much is enough, I just thought that the 15-17 page figure was pretty conservative. I've worked on transcripts that were flirting with one page per minute of audio.

Last edited by PeterF; 02-17-2017 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Willow_Tree Send a message via MSN to Willow_Tree Send a message via Yahoo to Willow_Tree
Default You are not right...SM

Quote:
Hi,

No. I'm sorry. You are not correct. The number of pages for these focus groups and formatting will be 58 pages and above. Please do ask the poster before making assumptions!! Thank you!

Last edited by Willow_Tree; 02-28-2017 at 02:07 PM.