Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Transcribe me??

Does anyone work for transcribe me? I just took the tests and got between 85-100% for every test. I suppose this is pretty good, because they said only 30 % of people pass at all. Anyways, it says they put me on a waiting list. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of how long this waiting list is? Thanks for any help you could provide !
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM
WAHM Regular

I was hired by Transcribe Me, but there wasn't enough work consistently for me when I was hired. They might be better now, but I wouldn't know. They do have an open forum where everyone communicates during the day. I don't think I was excited about the pay either, but it might be a great way to start if you're new to transcription.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayo1989 View Post
Does anyone work for transcribe me? I just took the tests and got between 85-100% for every test. I suppose this is pretty good, because they said only 30 % of people pass at all. Anyways, it says they put me on a waiting list. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of how long this waiting list is? Thanks for any help you could provide !
I've worked for them for some time, but I highly dislike how the work process is organized on there. It's highly unstable, there are so many issues and glitches with the website itself that you can easily mess the whole thing up with a small twitch of a finger. And believe me, it is so easy to do. For transcribers, work is rare unless when you receive an email that says there's huge amounts of it on the hub. Even then, it goes mega fast. The files are split into 30 seconds to a minute, which I found it to be way too short. As to their guidelines, it's like they're coming up with them on the go and they can be very confusing as well, which is often the reason for rejections. On the transcription part I have nothing more to say.

As you grow to be one of the QA people, a new level of responsibility and issues falls upon you. That's where I truly saw the incompetence of their management with poor planning and unpredictable outcomes.First they messed up with the test I had taken and claimed I did a horrible job on it. I knew it wasn't possible so I asked to elaborate, to which they replied that it was a general disappointment with the whole team, and not just me personally. Then I got an email that I failed it anyway, I again argued that I was pretty sure I did well. Then I got a new message where they had finally admitted to messing up, so I passed in the end. To be honest, now I wish I didn't. The last time I've had a big falling out with them due to investing crazy amount of hours into the last job and getting rejected with no pay. Not even partial. They do not even provide you the comparison or proof of your mistakes, or any kind of bonus for working on the huge overdue file that others didn't want to take. You cannot get in touch with the reviewer who checks after you either, so it's like a higher being telling you," You did a **** job son, I don't care how many hours you've put in. Redo it or I give it to somebody else and they're going to get paid for it instead of you." As this message got into my mailbox when I was basically passed out from being up for nearly 2 days straight (the session is only assigned to you for 1 hour, if you don't save, it goes to someone else), it went to somebody else and that person claimed the job for doing almost nothing. I've tried fighting with them but this time it was hopeless. They've suddenly awaken and started putting all blame on me, even when I admitted to partial mistake on my part. But they didn't even want to admit anything else or provide me any proof that I actually did a bad job (it simply wasn't true). So they do these things without any fair process.If you lose the file and somebody takes it, that's it, you lose your pay. If you're rejected for whatever reason (and there's no way to even dispute it) and don't improve yourself in time, you lose your pay. If the site goes offline (and it has a tendency to do so), you're risking losing all work again. If you need more time to work on the file, it's a nightmare getting in touch with their team leads. In fact, getting in touch with them due to something else is a nightmare too. They never respond in time.

Basically, it's a very raw website, with a very poor management and often unfair way of doing things. If you plan to work there, better study their guidelines and don't make the same mistakes I did. In my personal opinion I'd still suggest working for something like Scribie, as there is a much more efficient grading system and you are guaranteed payment after work. The key there is to keep the grade above 3 or so. It pays lower, but you'll be able to get more money in the end because work there is available more often, and you're always able to dispute if you feel you've been graded unfairly. It works like a charm and I've never had any problems there unlike with the awfully unjust system over at Transcribeme. If you have more questions you can pm me.

Last edited by Roman23; 02-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered WAHM

I just want to say I have worked for TM for almost a year and I love it there! I have been promoted twice since being there and have always been treated fairly. The admins are great, always there to answer any questions. They have ALWAYS paid.

Roman is a disgruntled ex-employee who decided he was above the rules and didn't have to follow style guidelines as he admits here:

"If you plan to work there, better study their guidelines and don't make the same mistakes I did."

You work for a place, yes, you follow their rules. The problem is a lot of people feel they 'don't have time' to read the guidelines, and just want to start making money. That's not how it works, if you don't do the work right, it WILL be rejected. Why should you get paid for not doing your job??

I just don't get the 'entitled' attitude of people who expect to get paid for producing garbage. AND, unlike he said, you DO get feedback from the reviewers and you can also email the admins. So it is a choice whether to correct your work and get paid or not. The only people who don't get paid are the ones who are told to read the style guidelines, and blatantly disregard that and continue to produce error-ridden documents that the QAs and reviewers then have to correct.

I would highly recommend this company. There is a waiting list right now and they're not hiring at the moment, as TM has plenty of happy transcribers working for them! But if you want to work for a great company, and you produce quality work, go ahead and apply. TM is always looking for excellent transcribers! I had to wait a couple of months to get in, but it was very worth it!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Kitten Face is absolutely correct. TranscribeMe is not one of the best companies i've ever worked with, it's the best one.

The work is stable, especially after you get promoted once or twice. They Always pay on time and the pay is good. And as far as getting in touch with the team leaders...

Roman23 says:
"If you need more time to work on the file, it's a nightmare getting in touch with their team leads. In fact, getting in touch with them due to something else is a nightmare too. They never respond in time."

What? Are you kidding me? They have the most responsive management, and that's comparing to a bunch of PTC sites, PTP sites, and other microjob/gig/task/transcription sites. And not only are they Extremely responsive, they're also very polite and nice people, each and every one of them. They're very understanding and it's an absolute pleasure to work with/for them.

I just had to respond here because what Roman23 said is a bunch of bull****. On TranscribeMe there is ALWAYS at least 1 Team Leader online, at all times. And for the sake of argument, even if you can't find anyone you have the company's social network where you can always get help for whatever you need and ask anything that interests you. Maybe Roman23 wasn't aware that there are a few team leaders, and you never know who may be online, so if you need to get in touch with one urgently you will have to email all of them, 4-5 people...

And from time to time we get emails to remind us that if we need to contact a team leader urgently we should email all 4-5 of them. And those emails always contain who the team leaders are and what their email addresses are.

About losing a file you're working on. I haven't looked at the guide lately but i remember that they specifically mention that you SHOULD SAVE your file from time to time, EXACTLY SO THAT YOU DON'T LOSE YOU WORK. So what's the problem? It's not the company's fault if some people can't understand a few simple rules and guidelines...

And what do you expect? If you "lose" a file do you expect it to wait for you to wake up or whatever? Remember that the company has clients and those clients set deadlines, what is the company supposed to do? Lock the file to you up until the deadline expires? That would be highly unprofessional because then when people start not submitting on time and the time comes to explain what happened to a client, then the company would look really unprofessional, and lose clients!

And the stuff about working for Scribie... I am a Reviewer both on TranscribeMe and on Scribie. Ok, i like Scribie, but they don't pay well, and sometimes the quality of files you can work on there is really horrible. Honestly, Scribie is a nice egg in the basket and a nice place to start working on and get comfortable with transcription work, plus they have a referral program. But in comparison, TranscribeMe is the daddy

Nino

Last edited by everydayz; 02-24-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Default so far so good

I've been working with them for the past week. After taking the test and and training module, it took about three days before I was able to do any jobs. Yesterday, I was finally able to do some and completed about 7. Some of those where difficult because either the audio was hard to hear as if the people talking were far away from the recorder, the speaker(s) were talking in a thick accent, or a combo of the two. Today, the work flow was very steady for most of the morning and trailed off this afternoon, but I was still able to get through almost 20 files back to back so work seems to be available. I haven't made much money yet, but I do still see potential as I've only worked for about two hours. Also, my work is still pending so I am unsure if everything will be accepted, but I did try to stay within their guidelines.

Overall, I'm glad to have the opportunity to make some extra money while I work to start my acupuncture practice.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:07 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfa View Post
I've been working with them for the past week. After taking the test and and training module, it took about three days before I was able to do any jobs. Yesterday, I was finally able to do some and completed about 7. Some of those where difficult because either the audio was hard to hear as if the people talking were far away from the recorder, the speaker(s) were talking in a thick accent, or a combo of the two. Today, the work flow was very steady for most of the morning and trailed off this afternoon, but I was still able to get through almost 20 files back to back so work seems to be available. I haven't made much money yet, but I do still see potential as I've only worked for about two hours. Also, my work is still pending so I am unsure if everything will be accepted, but I did try to stay within their guidelines.

Overall, I'm glad to have the opportunity to make some extra money while I work to start my acupuncture practice.
Glad that it is going well for you CFA. Hopefully, once you get some experience under your belt you will be able to get a transcription job that pays better. Best of luck.

Christopher
Old 07-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

Transcribeme is a good place to work, and the admin there are very responsive. The only thing that I don't like is the pay system. Sometimes you have pay requests that sit there for quite some time. However you email the pay team, they usually pay it to you. Work has been sporadic these days as there are a lot of new transcribers.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Awesome WAHM

Transcribe Me is one of the best companies you can work for. There may be some glitches with the exam, but the great thing about them is that if you point out the issues on Yammer (which is the network they use for employees and admins to communicate with each other), then those issues are addressed. They are very responsive to employee concerns. The work available for transcribers may vary depending on whether you are added on to all the transcriber teams they have on. You wouldn't know unless you look around in Yammer and check out the various teams like IVR.

However, once you take the QA test and then possibly get invited to be a Reviewer, you would have work all the time. They always pay, never had issues with payment. The only thing I would possible hope to change is the new payment system which they implemented a few months ago, which involves some PayPal feels. This is a cut PayPal takes, but the earlier system didn't have that and I personally preferred that over the current system. Overall, a good company to work for.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

The problem with Transcribeme is that they now have an incentive to invite friends to Transcribeme. As a result, the place is getting flooded with workers, and there is not enough work to go around. So you will find that there is no work to do a lot of the times.