Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered WAHM

I just joined and passed my exams and training. I remember during the training, seeing a link to sign up on Yammer but I didn't do it at the time. Now I cannot figure out how to log into the site. Could someone please give me a link? Also, there is not one thing in my work hub. I have read some people saying theirs says "no jobs available check back later" but mine says absolutely nothing. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by curtjen1996; 08-15-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2014, 05:46 AM
Awesome WAHM

Just be aware when working for this company. A lot of times they don't have work and their pay is very sporadic. Some people get paid and some don't. They just now switched to paying everybody on Friday's once a week, however not all workers don't get paid, so you may have to wait weeks for your pay.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori786 View Post
Transcribe Me is one of the best companies you can work for. There may be some glitches with the exam, but the great thing about them is that if you point out the issues on Yammer (which is the network they use for employees and admins to communicate with each other), then those issues are addressed. They are very responsive to employee concerns. The work available for transcribers may vary depending on whether you are added on to all the transcriber teams they have on. You wouldn't know unless you look around in Yammer and check out the various teams like IVR.

However, once you take the QA test and then possibly get invited to be a Reviewer, you would have work all the time. They always pay, never had issues with payment. The only thing I would possible hope to change is the new payment system which they implemented a few months ago, which involves some PayPal feels. This is a cut PayPal takes, but the earlier system didn't have that and I personally preferred that over the current system. Overall, a good company to work for.
Exactly, well said Lori.

Cheers.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtjen1996 View Post
I just joined and passed my exams and training. I remember during the training, seeing a link to sign up on Yammer but I didn't do it at the time. Now I cannot figure out how to log into the site. Could someone please give me a link? Also, there is not one thing in my work hub. I have read some people saying theirs says "no jobs available check back later" but mine says absolutely nothing. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I signed up and gained access to a user account. There was a link for training and I read thru all of that but how di I get access to jobs? There were links on the side to take exams but theyre all for other languages. Nothing in English. ??
Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Payment issues have never been a problem with TranscribeMe. The only reason you may get docked is if you don't follow the style guide and the QA rejects your work. Other than that, you would get paid what you've earned weekly if you have a balance of $10 or more.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Registered WAHM

I've taken the test twice now and failed both times. The first time I realized I did make some key formatting errors. I took the training again and tested again today. Failed again. Geez, I thought I did pretty well this time. The transcription sections though - I mean, so much of it is subjective, especially with commas. If a computer is comparing your template to the answer key's, how can anyone pass this thing? Well, obviously some of you have because you're working for them. I wish I knew what areas I messed up. I could take it again, but I have no idea what I could do differently, and I've spent hours on this already.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered WAHM

Post Question about this

I am currently receiving unemployment benefits. I want to start this and do online transcription for extra spending money. Does the money you get from here affect the unemployment benefits? Do you have to pay taxes on any of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you. I was just worried I'd lose it. My hubby starting a 2 month training program so we really need the benefits.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoneytoday View Post
The money you make with Transcribe Me is so minimal that it won't affect your benefits.
I don't know if Ezmoneytoday is correct about this. I'm assuming you're in the US and don't specifically know the US tax laws but here in Canada any and all money earned legally has to be claimed when you file your income tax return. You also have to claim any money earned here in Canada while on unemployment benefits as well. As I said, not sure if this applies to the US also. I guess whether you claim it or not is up to you personally as well. I suppose you could take the chance you likely won't get audited and not claim it.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtb15 View Post
I am currently receiving unemployment benefits. I want to start this and do online transcription for extra spending money. Does the money you get from here affect the unemployment benefits? Do you have to pay taxes on any of it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmoneytoday View Post
The money you make with Transcribe Me is so minimal that it won't affect your benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianMT View Post
I don't know if Ezmoneytoday is correct about this. I'm assuming you're in the US and don't specifically know the US tax laws but here in Canada any and all money earned legally has to be claimed when you file your income tax return. You also have to claim any money earned here in Canada while on unemployment benefits as well. As I said, not sure if this applies to the US also. I guess whether you claim it or not is up to you personally as well. I suppose you could take the chance you likely won't get audited and not claim it.
Personally, I would contact an accountant and then make an informed decision. That said, in the U.S., when you make $600 or more as an IC (e.g., the work you do outside of being a traditional 'employee'), the company you do the work for is required to issue you a Form 1099-Misc, which is also sent to the IRS. The IRS requires that you report all of your income, regardless of how it was earned, how small it is, or how you were paid.

Sources: Here and here. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Peaked; 10-05-2015 at 07:15 AM.