Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrinne View Post
I would like to add one thing on the anti-virus. My boyfriend and I (technie nerds who use very stripped down versions of Windows XP that we've customized) didn't like AVG. The software changed some of our Windows settings and made some things not work correctly anymore.

So for those that also have problems with AVG, try Avast. Avast is free (at least it has been for the last year or so that I've used it, but you do have to register your email addy with it) and awesome! Unlike Nortons and all those others, it is not bulky and does not slow your system down. http://www.avast.com/
Me too agree with you , I also had very bad experience with AVG , Avast is really very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, all computer user need to use this tips for secure your pc. This avg antivirus is not bad but it was deleted all mall-wares and viruses files. It include some system files and execution files like .dll, .exe etc. Once this files deleted from your PC then coming errors on your display. If more system files was deleted then your pc need to repair or format. I think, Kasper-sky antivirus is better, it was scan and repaired virus files successfully. Daily scan is essential to improve your pc performance.

Last edited by rosstaylor2440; 08-21-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 AM
WAHM Regular

This are some basic steps to maintenance of your computer. Heat, moisture, dirt, static, and fragile electronics are only some of the many PC dangers. Never turn off your computer when the hard drive light is on because data on the hard drive could be lost or corrupted. Daily check viruses to protect your computer. Only when needed manage hard drive space,defragment hard drive and back up files. Monthly clean up hard drive by using disk clean-up, mouse, keyboard cleanup, recalibrate the battery . Weekly or monthly scan hard drive for errors.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJMom View Post
I heard from a friend to try out Malwarebytes to scan for viruses. It's free and it works really well. I reviewed it first since he said that there are lots of fake antiviruses. It only takes about 10 minutes to scan my computer and it finds stuff that some of the others don't.

Keep in mind that things change often. Software that worked well yesterday might not be effective today. I would recommend making friends with some techie people.
I'm a techie person, and since the yesterday/today point was mentioned, I just wanted to add that Malwarebytes remains the best option for just finding viruses and other unwanted programs/malware. It's light (won't slow your computer down like many other antivirus programs) and fast and effective at what it does. Just as true today as it was then.

Wanted to add to the last post: don't unplug any external hard drives while they're being used ("spinning"). I had a cat crawl behind my computer desk last year and unplug two hard drives while I was making backups, and lost all the information on both of them. Neither one works properly to this day, despite all my efforts to restore them to working order.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Hey guys, does anyone has solution to fix freezing problem in local doc, have been getting this problem for a long time.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Opinion

So useful info, thanks!