Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default TranscribeMe didn't pay

I just recently joined TranscribeMe and my first payday they didn't pay and the money is gone from my account. There was a change-over the past 2 weeks and someone else is now in charge with handling transcriptionist's issues, so they may just be backed up in work, I don't know, but I haven't done any work since and won't until sorted out. I don't want to work for free!
Hopefully it gets taken care of. The payday was August 15th though, so a bit too long if you ask me. I have liked working for them, so I'm hoping it's just an honest mistake.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Default TranscribeME

I worked for this company for the past month and they pay every Monday. They did not pay me and my pay has disappeared from my account. I have sent at least 5 emails and just a couple were returned to me with re-assurance that it would be looked into, but it's been 2 weeks since payday and nobody is doing anything, or giving me any clear answers.
Any others experience this? It's disappointing because I was getting use to their system and enjoyed working for them, but I haven't worked since because I would like to get paid first.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for posting this, such good information to have.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Thank you so much for this

Thank you so much for posting this information!

Last edited by creatshuns; 11-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Did they ever pay you or is this yet another company that's happy to take the work, but not pay on time? Do companies like this really think we won't all talk to each other or good, experienced transcribers who could have been an asset to the company will see things like this online and say, "No thanks, been there, did that, won't do it again."

Old 02-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Nothing has changed or improved at ANP

Hi all,

I am one of the more recent victims of ANP Transcription. Just to assure you all, the same two individually, Larry Perrone and Albert Suied, continue their same underhand mean little tricks, despite all their claims of putting things right. From 2008 to present... why can nobody but a stop to this!!!

If anyone is still keen to pursue this, please contact me, or at least post your thoughts. We do need to unite against such ruthless individuals and continue to create awareness.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi, JoetteB
Good to see you here too! You must be so busy. Being a newbie, it's particularly scary to know who to or whom not to trust. As you stated, research, research, research.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation

@cbell I'm sorry you weren't paid or paid on time. I can assure you that this is not standard practice by any means.

Further, we now have a "self-payment" tool which allows transcribers to withdraw their pay whenever they wish.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Was this ever resolved, just curious?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs down Stay away from Words Plus

This one is essentially a one-woman show, but the boss lady hires transcribers to take care of the work when it piles up. She paid me half of what she owed me, then gave me a litany of excuses as to why she couldn't pay me the rest -- everything from the state of the economy to the expenses of caring for a sick dog (!) The truth is, she went on vacation and left me to do the dirty work, not anticipating that quite so many files would come in. When one mp3 would be finished, two more from the client would arrive in my inbox, and I had to work my fingers to the bone to finish in a timely manner. Upon getting back into L.A., this woman basically asked me, "So, did any files actually come in for you?" When I sent her a very long invoice and got no immediate response on the matter, I knew it was going to be an uphill battle.

In theory, she pays a great rate, but don't get suckered into working for her. And don't think having her sign printed-out contracts and agreements will scare her into paying you either. She scanned and signed, casually stiffed me out of hundreds of dollars, and even after much wheedling and needling, it didn't help me one bit.