Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninphx View Post
Perfectgopi - I mean this in the most constructive way possible. Please don't be offended, but if you transcribed your test exam like you wrote your post, that could be part of the reason you're having a hard time bringing up your accuracy.
what do you mean jenninphx? You should tell your opinion in a straight manner. The test is getting tougher for me because I am not familiar with that accent, not for grammar reason.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectgopi View Post
what do you mean jenninphx? You should tell your opinion in a straight manner. The test is getting tougher for me because I am not familiar with that accent, not for grammar reason.
I think jenninphx meant your previous post has some grammatical errors. Do you see them? If so, then perhaps this is the field for you and you were just typing quickly and didn't proofread. If not and you would like to know what they are, I am sure someone would be happy to help guide you about what we are seeing.

I am not being harsh or anything, but my guess is English isn't your first language. Please don't take that wrong. I am impressed that anyone can learn another language at all. I barely passed my first year of Spanish and couldn't speak or write it today enough to even be understood, much less come across as remotely intelligent. So for me, the fact that you know more than one language is impressive in and of itself.

The fact is though that non-native speakers have a tough time with some of the nuances of another language. I would imagine it happens regardless of what the second language is. I know native English speakers can butcher Spanish, Hindi, and German.

Personally I think all transcription tests should be taken without assistance. I haven't taken the TranscribeMe test, and I have no idea of its difficulty level. I do know though that even being a native English speaker and a fairly decent grammar student, I still struggle with some of the things I transcribe. I also proof work completed by others, and the range in accuracy can be astonishing.

Transcription work isn't for everyone. Typing fast isn't the key skill required. It can be extremely difficult and confusing. Taking what people say and putting it on paper in a way that is readable is not easy. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone of another country and/or native language.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you for the clarification on the length of the audios. I have one more quick question. I can type pretty fast, but am finding that I have timed out on a couple of them. Can you type part of the audio and then just click on submit and exit? And if so, does that mean that someone else will finish transcribing the audio? Thank you so much.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:42 AM
WAHM Regular

How long do they give you to transcribe the 2-3 minute files? I just took the test, and passed with a 99%.....I am pretty excited to have another egg!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered WAHM

tater03,

This happens to me too. I highlight the text and hit ctrl-c to copy it. I the click on FAQ or Help and then quickly click back on Jobs. I then paste the text I already typed (ctrl-v) and finish up the rest of the typing. I don't know if that's the correct workaround, but that's what I've been doing.

Jannine
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered WAHM

tater03,

Update to my last post -- according to the TranscribeMe info on yammer, once the technical updates are made this week, the timeout time period will be dramatically increased so hopefully we don't have that problem any more. Foot pedal usage is supposed to be introduced at the end of the year so that should make it even easier.

Jannine
Old 08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I really like to suggest and I have too many questions. How can I contact them? Anyone knows?

I wonder what's the difference between "Submit" and "Submit & Exit" I just assumed that if you click Submit, you are automatically given another file?

By the way, Jannineperry, what I did is I click Back button and the text were still there

Last edited by Bella Riddle; 08-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Previously I had no clue about it but now I've become well-informed after reading others' replies. Got to learn something new.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Riddle View Post
I really like to suggest and I have too many questions. How can I contact them? Anyone knows?

I wonder what's the difference between "Submit" and "Submit & Exit" I just assumed that if you click Submit, you are automatically given another file?

By the way, Jannineperry, what I did is I click Back button and the text were still there
I know this is a few days old, but there is an email address given in the video we're supposed to watch. You can email with questions, from what I understand.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited that I found this Transcribe Me company by chance, while I was on Facebook last evening. I haven't gone to bed yet from the excitement. This is truly the easiest and fastest way to get hired, if you are looking for a work-at-home situation. Just pass the easy breezy test and you're in. If you're a fast typist, you will make out well here. The features of the transcription software are fabulous. I love that you can use hot keys that help speed up the typing. And the slow down or speed up feature is heaven. It makes it so much easier to key these files without a foot pedal. Though if they are adding a feature to the software that will allow us to use a foot pedal, that would be fantabulous & speed up typing those files by 1,000 %.

I made $4 in less than a 1/2 hour, so I'm sure I could probably make $8 or more. Most files are pretty clear and easy to transcribe. Now, if I could only find a data entry job that was this easy to get on with, I'd be all set. lol

Happy transcribing all.