Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
WAHM Regular

I have been transcribing files today; first day. It is extremely slow to submit; takes forever. The files are short snippets of longer ones. They have been longer than 8-10 seconds but can't remember what the longest one was. I think it will be good for down times with my other clients but unless the submit times gets a whole lot faster (and I'm talking a whole lot), won't ever make any money.

Lynda
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
WAHM Regular

There are two categories: earned as transcriber and earned as QA. I know QA stands for quality assurance but why do transcribers get paid for that and why are the numbers lower than the transcriber side? Thanks for any input.

Lynda
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm going to give this a go for a few days, but the accent is so heavy! My biggest complaint is the initial time it took to get the first file, about 1 minute and 15 seconds. It calculated my duration for 9 seconds and that was $.05. Between rewinding and figuring out if this lady was considered "stammering" I was on this file for 3-4 minutes.

This is my first time transcribing, so I'll use this as a learning curve. Maybe it'll break me away from Facebook so much
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Transcribe Me Issues

Hey ladies...

I have been working with TranscribeMe for a couple months now. The last few weeks I have noticed it has gotten really s-l-o-w. I have very high speed broadband and I've tried 2 different computers...I am sure it's the site.

The last couple days, I am getting all kinds of errors and I notice about 1 out of every 3 files actually does submit and I get credit for it...meaning I am doing all kinds of work for free! That is a real problem, because as you may have noticed, it takes anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes to actually pull up a file, then get it to submit...ridiculous!

Does anyone have any contact info for TranscribeMe? I tried replying to their PayPal email but it bounced back to me.

I am really frustrated and if I could find any other web-based transcription site I would definitely check it out.

Advice?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy TranscribeMe payment issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazr View Post
Hey ladies...

I have been working with TranscribeMe for a couple months now. The last few weeks I have noticed it has gotten really s-l-o-w. I have very high speed broadband and I've tried 2 different computers...I am sure it's the site.

The last couple days, I am getting all kinds of errors and I notice about 1 out of every 3 files actually does submit and I get credit for it...meaning I am doing all kinds of work for free! That is a real problem, because as you may have noticed, it takes anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes to actually pull up a file, then get it to submit...ridiculous!

Does anyone have any contact info for TranscribeMe? I tried replying to their PayPal email but it bounced back to me.

I am really frustrated and if I could find any other web-based transcription site I would definitely check it out.

Advice?

Thanks!
You can try this [email protected] as suggested by some ladies here. Helga is also a member here. I have an issue with my work first week of January not being paid but paid for my work last week/second week. I'm reaching out to the people from TranscribeMe but I haven't heard from them since I was sending them messages for the past two or three days. I hope to hear from them.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Super WAHM

This lack of ability to communicate with your contract when there is a problem or question is appalling, particularly when there's an issue with pay. You all deserve better than this.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I totally agree JoetteB. Add onto that the rate at which you are paid, sorry, but to me it's totally a no-brainer. It's just sad, so sad for this industry when people support this kind of behavior. The time spent messing with this could be time well spent looking for a decent transcription company or even individual posting thru Craigslist, Guru, Elance, Odesk, etc. I guess too many people just want things handed to them and not do the footwork, so they settle.

Last edited by mully; 01-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Default payment

Hello,

Have you all been paid by transcribeme for this week? I know I have money owed to me, and they have never missed a date, so just wondering if there is a glitch somewhere. I emailed Helga, so hopefully I hear something back soon.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered WAHM

I'm pretty sure Helga has left TranscribeMe or if not, she's leaving shortly. There are so many complaints about rejections, non-payments etc on their Yammer group that I gave up on them a while ago. Their pay is extremely low, way below the industry standard and they are now rejecting a lot of transcription for QA "errors". Many of their QA people do not even have a good grasp of the English language, but they are now allowed to reject transcription. My personal advice is to stay far away from them. There's a lot of decent freelance transcription work out there that pays more in line with what we should be earning.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffettl View Post
I'm pretty sure Helga has left TranscribeMe or if not, she's leaving shortly. There are so many complaints about rejections, non-payments etc on their Yammer group that I gave up on them a while ago. Their pay is extremely low, way below the industry standard and they are now rejecting a lot of transcription for QA "errors". Many of their QA people do not even have a good grasp of the English language, but they are now allowed to reject transcription. My personal advice is to stay far away from them. There's a lot of decent freelance transcription work out there that pays more in line with what we should be earning.
Yes, I figured there was something the matter because I did not get paid and about a week ago I had emailed Helga, but received no reply. The company is not behaving in a professional manner. I am a bit bummed because I worked hard for that money and wish people were more vocal about how sh!tty they were sooner. Lesson learned.

Thanks very much for your help