WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Tips for Saving Money (https://www.wahm.com/forum/tips-saving-money-47/)
-   -   Your Best Money Saving Tips (https://www.wahm.com/forum/tips-saving-money-47/718115-your-best-money-saving-tips.html)

SLking 05-13-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandraGenJobs (Post 3253828)
-Walk a lot or cycle instead of wasting money on gas.
-My family stopped buying newspapers since everything can be found online.
-Cook your own meals if possible.
-Don't waste money on cheep stuff that get broken easily, invest money in more expensive stuff that can last for years and that way avoid replacement or repair costs.

Some great ideas people are coming up with.

marrisa29 05-16-2015 12:12 PM

sometimes when it come to saving money

i rather my health above all but if i can't help it what a women to do ?

Jeff001 06-04-2015 04:09 AM

How do I make sure I don't run out of money

Great tips on saving money. When it comes to me, I always run out of money by the end of the month. I'm spendthrift. And by the end of the month if you don't have money its a worst situation. I've decided to make up a budget plan and then move accordingly. I did try this last month. It didn't go exactly as it was planned but. I didn't run out of money. So my advice would be to make up a budget plan. I also read a blog which I thought I would share it here. How Do I Make Sure I Don't Run Out Of Money Before The End Of The Month? | Kevin Thatcher Hope it works

chantellygirl 07-12-2015 06:30 PM

Some of the best things I had trouble with selling because of safety issues (aka Craiglist), I was able to sell on Facebook. They have group pages for local yard sales. I have sold an elliptical, GPS, clothing and shoes, game system, etc on there because you see the person's profile and you can message them and setup a rendezvous point at a local place like Starbucks. That's been the best way to get some extra money.

FrugalNavyWife 07-31-2015 11:14 AM

I earn Amazon Gift card on swagbucks and like sites and use them to get household items and diapers for free. Big budget saver!

Organized by Erin 08-01-2015 12:49 PM

Being organized can save you money. If you have a place for everything, then you are not running to the store when you can't find or don't know that you have something.

jrcorbes 08-04-2015 12:38 PM

You have to set your goals and try to disicpline yourself :)

SparklyMommy 08-19-2015 02:00 PM

I love shopping at consignment sales like Rhea Lana's. It's a great way to basically trade in an outgrown kid wardrobe for a new one!

ElleHarries 08-31-2015 08:51 PM

My best saving money tips is:
Less eating out:)
Go shopping when it is neccessary any it is important to have a "thing to buy" list before going shopping.
Going to thirft shop frequently:)
These tips may be not work for other people but it work really well for me.

edward222 09-07-2015 11:13 PM

Before I buy something at a brick-and-mortar store,
I always check Amazon where I can usually find a generic
version for much cheaper.
Well the markup for name brands is ridiculous. For example, I take Loratadine
for my allergies. The name brand Claritin costs anywhere from $5 to $10 for 10 pills
at my local grocery stores. On Amazon, I can get a bottle of generic Loratadine
containing 400 pills for just $18! Same active ingredient, for 10 times cheaper :)