Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 AM
WAHM Regular

Lightbulb

1.Cook your own meals-its cheaper than ordering take-outs,

2. Try to sleep early to save electricity, wash your dishes personally than using a dishwasher and try to hang your clothes outside than using the dryer (if applicable)

3.search and compare prices online for things that you are planning to buy

4.search and shop in thrift stores/garage sale in your community
you will be amazed how far you can stretch your dollars. I have recently been using a site called "GarageSaleCow" it works really well and its free

5.collect coupons

Also, make a lifestyle check, see if your Netflix subscription or Hulu Plus membership necessary for example. Live within your means and Buy your "needs" first before your "wants".

love yah all!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered WAHM

1. Don't go to the store.

2. Turn off computer.

3. Turn off TV.

4. Forget about shoping.

End of the story
Old 04-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Save money on home decor by canvas picture

Saving money is great habit which we all have to learn, if we have or not. First of all we have to keep in mind like which expense is our necessary and which expense is for our enjoyment. Because if we learn this both thing we will start to save money. Recently i decor my home. I want some of photos on canvas. Because my home is looking very old so i want to renovate it with canvas picture. I searched many web store across USA. And I choose Canvas Champ for my project. Because this is very cheap store. Price is very low.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
WAHM Regular

another tip is to collect coupons. I receive newspapers with coupons every week, I collect some and use them at store, sometimes I went online to a certain store such as walmart.com to print some coupons too. Good way to save from shopping.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Great tips i really appreciate .... what i think if you make some extra money in you free time you wont require to put your mind in saving money.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:19 PM
WAHM Regular

A few of my favorite save money tips:

-Cook meals monthly or weekly and freeze them, then its easy to take out of the freezer and heat up. This will save you from trying to decide what to eat and running to the grocery store all of the time. And you could make them super healthy! Try this blog: OAMC, Make Ahead Meals, and Freezer Cooking Articles
-Cancel your cable TV and set up XBMC on your computer.
-if you love magazines consider splitting on a subscription and sharing with a friend.
-skip eating out randomely throughout the month and plan 1 date night type outing a month.
-cancel the gym membership and go workout outside or get a workout video for when there are bad weather days.
-swap babysitting with friends rather than paying a lot for a sitter(for that date night you planned )
-If you really love shopping then do it online through cash back/rewards type programs like swagbucks. And if you really want to shop without spending money from your budget then find ways to make money online for free. There are tons of sites to do this, just have to be consistent and understand how it works. When I get paid from online sites to my Paypal account, I send the money to my shopping bank account that is attached to my Paypal and use that. It builds up over time and is a nice treat!
-Shop for baby clothes on sites like Kijiji or on local Facebook groups, you can get some great barely used baby stuff for cheap. You can even do swaps so it costs even less.
-I am in Canada so couponing isn't as awesome as the states but if you watch the flyers for good deals and have manufacturers coupons then you can save a good amount of money on things you need.

There's tons more but those are a few that I use to help my family save money.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:51 PM
WAHM Regular

just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing your tips.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Cashless is a perpetual state of existence. Short on funds and craving for pleasurable pursuits, you have two options. Resign to your impoverished status, or go through the points which I have compiled for your convenience.

1.Plan your purchases

2.Avoid debt

3.Contribute to save

4.Stop inexpensive entertainment

5.Part-time jobs

Last edited by James Martin; 06-20-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:02 PM
WAHM Regular

You can save your money by following these tips. I have also used these tips to save my money.

Set you real financial goals
Use you money with responsibility and remind your goals
Create an emergency fund
Tackle your taxes
Low your energy usage
Adopt a simple life. If you drink daily tea in restaurant then you should drink tea in restaurant once in a week.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM
WAHM Regular

The key for saving money is planning. Not only your budget, but your time as well. It's hard to believe, but it works.

Closed Thread

Tags
budget, cheap, zazzle