Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Registered WAHM
Array

Ive had decent success using ibotta and coupon51 to save on groceries. It's not a lot but it helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Super WAHM

Always looking for good tips to save money!! A lot of good tips here, thanks!!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:37 AM
WAHM Regular

10 Money Saving Tips and Tricks

1. Paid Coupon Printing – I have had success with (the survey panel and Get-Paid-To System) InboxDollars paying me to print coupons to use at the store. InboxDollars will pay you 10 cents per coupon (up to 150 coupons). The savings can amount to over $300 (if you use all coupons). In addition to huge store savings, you earn some cash for using coupons!
2. Buy Store Brands – Many major retailers (like Walmart, Dollar General, and Family Dollar) offer customers their own discount store brands. These store brands are the exact same product as their name brand counterpart (and are often manufactured at the same facility). For example, Walmart's store brand is called Great Value, and Dollar General's store brand is called DG.
3. Buy Generic – Just like buying the store brand is cheaper – buying Generic products is (usually) less expensive. You can often find cheaper medications by buying Generic.
4. Always Look at the Clearance Aisle – When I visit a store, I always scope out their Clearance aisle before looking at their regularly priced items. You can come up with big bargains in Clearance.
5. Shop at Discount Retailers – Often times discount retailers sell brand name products at deep discounts. Most cities have several discount retailers (which you can find via a Google search).
6. Check out Overstock Merchandise – When stores can't sell their merchandise, they offer it at deep discounts. Often times wholesalers will buy up large quantities of overstock merchandise to sell at discounted prices.
7. Look for End-of-Season Bargains – I find many of my best bargains at the end of a season. For example, I will buy next year's winter coat at the end of winter – on sale – and save it to wear next winter.
8. Take Advantage of Store Rebates – Many retailers (especially consumer electronics stores) offer rebates after you buy a product from them. I have gotten rebates from buying computers, TVs, and major appliances.
9. Earn Cashback Rewards – Sometimes it pays not to pay with cash or a debit card. Several credit card companies offer generous cashback rewards for using their credit card. Sometimes retailers have their store cards – which can earn you even more cashback savings.
10. Download Retail Apps to Find More Savings – Finally, take advantage of any technology that can help you save money. Most large retailers now have their own app to compete with e-commerce sites. Their apps usually offer additional savings not found in their store.

In short, there are several creative ways to save money and live a more frugal life. You just have to do a bit of research, as well as put in the time and effort.

Good luck on saving money!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:14 AM
WAHM Regular

The best way to save money is to not spend on things you don't need, and not just because it says 30% off doesn't mean you'd get to save $30 for an original $100 purchase. You' ll just end up spending $70, and clearly, you didn't save anything.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Use YNAB for budgeting! Its amazing
Old 08-31-2018, 05:13 AM
Registered WAHM

My best money saving tip is home sewing. I sew my daughter's clothes and many other things. I have done some research and found the website http://bestsewingmachinesguide.com/ that helped me to find my first sewing machine. A good machine is a really major investment. I am happy!

Last edited by crafter; 08-31-2018 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:54 AM
Registered WAHM
Array

in bank or in your house!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Registered WAHM

The best of the money tips that I have heard so far is to freeze your credit card. I think that it was given by David Ramsay at some blog or one of his book or one of his videos. However, with the time has passed I started to think of this tips as my own because I always quote it when speaking to my friends and colleagues about saving money and cutting down on some expenses. I have my own story with this tip because I have really had the chance to rethink the unconscious purchase while I was waiting for the ice to thaw and free my credit card. I have also tried the tips of eating together with some of my family and friends. I have really saved some good money for not going out to eat and I had the chance to cover the payment on the loan. But, investing in your own business with the help of the online loans was by far the most important money tip I have given myself.

Tags
budget, cheap, zazzle