Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:22 AM
Registered WAHM

My best money saving tip is self-discipline. Don't buy things that you don't need.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2017, 02:26 AM
WAHM Regular

I totally agree. But for me better that saving is investing. Investing in yourself in the best money you can spend.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Registered WAHM

The best tip to save money is
1. Save energy - Switch off all electronic devices when it is not used. (TV, Laptop etc)
2. Check the stock in the kitchen before buying groceries. Many times we will be throwing out old fruits and vegetables.
3. If you have kids, don't buy very costly toys. They will use the new toy only for a week or even less that. They will lose interest after that. Instead, you can buy more cheap toys.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :-)
Old 12-23-2017, 06:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Default saving money

Cook at home!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrimee View Post
The best tip to save money is
1. Save energy - Switch off all electronic devices when it is not used. (TV, Laptop etc)
2. Check the stock in the kitchen before buying groceries. Many times we will be throwing out old fruits and vegetables.
3. If you have kids, don't buy very costly toys. They will use the new toy only for a week or even less that. They will lose interest after that. Instead, you can buy more cheap toys.

That's all I can think of at the moment. :-)
Nice tips. Toys have that emotional connect and folks do end up horribly overspending on them. It's easy to be conservative and buy good quality toys that have a better chance of lasting.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Default So true

I make egg omelets out of leftovers to eat for lunch while kids are at school. Its a typical "garbage plate" and nothing gets wasted.

I have also found that whenever I do spend money to buy gas or to buy anything saving the change in a tupperware works. If I do have the urge to buy food outside I pull out that tupperware full of change and use that... usually at the drive-thru or a convenience store. If I can't buy it with dimes and quarters and I didn't plan for it then it doesn't happen.

I go to the grocery store with that change and use the self-checkout once a month at night and use my coupons. This way I am not annoying anyone or holding up any lines.

I had a major issue with impulsive spending when I started working from home. I just needed to get out, be around people and just do something!
Old 01-14-2018, 04:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I always check https://slickdeals.net for only when I really need something because this site will make you want to buy something that you really don't need.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Registered WAHM

The best money saving tip is self-discipline
Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Post Self discipline

I agree self discipline is key.

Another few things

*Learning the difference from wants and needs.

* Have a few budget friendly meals

* Tell your money where to go with a Budget that you write out a month in advance. Do not deviate from your plans.

* Save before you need eg. College fund, Tyre Fund, Marriage Fund, Invest in Yourself Fund, Emergency Fund.

* To plan ahead also saves you. If you plan your meat today that you will eat tomorrow you don't have to go go out to eat because there is nothing in the house.

* Try to plan one trip and do as much as you can, eg. Shopping, Post Office, Bank.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Registered WAHM

This is really good advice.

Saving 10% Giving 20% and spending 70%, - Dave Ramsey, and working towards bringing down spending and taking Saving and Investment up. Mr. Money Mustache also gives good advice.

Tags
budget, cheap, zazzle