Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Saving Money > Tips for Saving Money

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Always negotiate

A lot of people don't understand you can negotiate just about everything. Auto Insurance, cell phones, credit monitoring, cable, satellite

If you don't make headway with that rep, wait 30 days, try another, especially if you've been a customer for awhile

Before i ditched cable altogether i had taken my bill from $180 per month down to $100 with pretty much all the same features

My Tmobile bill is $80 per month for 3 lines

My credit monitoring i cut in half from $19.99 per month to $9.99 per month

Sometimes if you fake them out saying you are leaving, then they drop the prices, that's one technique you can use.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Yeap, I think that money is unimportant until I lost my job last summer and since that time have only freelance work. I'm trying to reduce my utility bills. I'm going to use a solar heater. This system is much cheaper than using gas or electricity to heat your water. And I heard that it's cool to install solar air conditioning system, it uses the same principles of the solar water heater but uses that hot water in an air conditioning system. I've read about it here Denver Heating Tune Up - Summit Heating & A/C As a bonus, the hot water produced for air conditioning can also be used for other applications in your home. Also, I did the heating tune up last winter when I was in mom's house in denver.
And I'm trying to save on clothes and entertainment. Too much cinema in my life
Old 04-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcornwell View Post
A lot of people don't understand you can negotiate just about everything. Auto Insurance, cell phones, credit monitoring, cable, satellite

If you don't make headway with that rep, wait 30 days, try another, especially if you've been a customer for awhile

Before i ditched cable altogether i had taken my bill from $180 per month down to $100 with pretty much all the same features

My Tmobile bill is $80 per month for 3 lines

My credit monitoring i cut in half from $19.99 per month to $9.99 per month

Sometimes if you fake them out saying you are leaving, then they drop the prices, that's one technique you can use.
That's true we should learn how to negotiate to minimize costs, that's the best strategy so far. Most companies can consider that in selling their products or services. I'm sure they have some options.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcreates View Post
I don't consider myself super frugal
My husband and I saved early on. I am not into pricey purses or expensive shoes.
I like books, tech stuff, art, doing nice things from my family.

Get rid of basic cable and cable TV
Netflix, DVDS, are all cheaper.

Dollar tree
Great place for perfume, cheap make up, and household goods. I only go to dollar tree every few months because I can over do it. I don't

Budget movie theaters. If you don't mind seeing it later these can be fun and cheap.

Make friends with your library
Likewise, we are not that frugal too, Ours is we just do some savings and have some investments in banks and live a simple life.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Registered WAHM

I make sure that a part of my earnings go straight to my savings account every month. As of now, I invested in stock market and hopefully I do good in the coming years.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthagozon View Post
I make sure that a part of my earnings go straight to my savings account every month. As of now, I invested in stock market and hopefully I do good in the coming years.
I'm doing the same; let's hope so (that it will do good).

Tags
budget, cheap, zazzle