Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Saving Money > Tips for Saving Money

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lori786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
The only way I can successfully save money is by transferring some into a separate account that is not easily accessible...
That's something I used to do but I guess I just forgot about how useful that can be. Thanks for pointing me in that direction again
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2016, 09:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Some interesting ideas in this thread. Certainly working out what you have left over after bills, etc and partitioning it into a separate account is a good idea. Many people spend impulsively in their spare time but you can get a real buzz from using the time to make extra cash
Old 12-20-2016, 10:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMav2011 View Post
We do our best to save money without jeopardizing our health. We've started doing most of our grocery shopping at Aldi, and that alone cut our grocery bill in half! For more specialty items like protein powder and green cleaners we buy from an online wellness company.
I am always wondering if shopping at Aldi is really saving money....I like their prices on the surface but I sometimes think maybe it is deceptive because of their packaging being smaller? Their quality always seems pretty good though!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:12 AM
Registered WAHM

I save money by buying items online, in bulk and some of the companies also offer free shipping on large orders.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by workonline View Post
Great tips i really appreciate .... what i think if you make some extra money in you free time you wont require to put your mind in saving money.
That tends to be my approach. Plus if you use some spare time to make money, you have less time to spend on non essentials
Old 02-09-2017, 03:20 AM
Registered WAHM

1. I shop a lot at charity shops as they tend to be cheaper, and I know for a fact that my money is going towards a good cause (and you'd be surprised what gems you can find too).
2. I'm always on the hunt for deals... hence why our dinners during the week normally reflect what's on offer in the supermarket. I also like to go in towards the end of the day when they start reducing the prices of things that are about to go out of date... also saves them from throwing them in the bin, as I know this is what they do if no one buys them.
3. Signed up to a website (bookbub) which just lists all the cheap and free books for kindle and other reading devices... genuinely the best thing for me as I get through books so quickly.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to inaj

This was a useful thread with some amaizing tips!. Oh gosh, i really love this forum!!
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! I had not seen this thread before. Awesome tips. Thank you all!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:01 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Apps...

I do anything I can before I go shopping to utalize apps to save money. Also sites that offer coupon codes or deals such as Retailmenot or Ebates. I've saved over hundreds by this!
Old 03-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Registered WAHM

Default My best tip for saving money

Ditch Cable TV, biggest rip on the planet, go out and enjoy the outdoors instead or blog. I have Kodi downloaded on my pc, you can google it, i catch shows using it. I'm not much of a TV watcher but i do watch GOAT on it and WD and of course WW.

Tags
budget, cheap, zazzle