Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile Extreme Couponing

Hi! Is anyone else watching and enjoying this series? I'm trying to learn from it, although I don't want to go quite that extreme.

I do have a question. For example, let's say that one of the shoppers bought 40 jars of pasta sauce. To the get the discounted prices, would that shopper have to have 40 coupons - one coupon for each jar of sauce?

Also, what do you all think of coupon clipping services/buying coupons? Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks!

Blinky :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Extreme Couponing

I love that show!! I also don't want to go to that extreme........if I was to get good deals like that and wasn't going to use it I would definitely donate it!! There are so many families that could use those items!!

I am sure you would have to have 40 coupons.....I went to the store the other day and got $70 worth of items for only $20...I was so excited....I had a coupon for each item......and only bought the things that were on sale.

A lot of those people get many inserts at a time........I bought whole inserts from a company and thought it was totally worth it!!

This is the site that I used:
CouponDede.com: Fastest, largest selection and we offer whole inserts too! You have found the BEST clipping service available!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM
WAHM Regular

I love that show too! Unfortunately, I don't have the patience or organizational skills to even come close to saving the kind of money those people do. It's amazing to watch though!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

I also like to watch Extreme Couponing and try to learn tips on how to save money at the groc. store
Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Super WAHM

I like it too, but man, I dont think I could spend that kind of time, I would go crazy, but it did show me I need to look for more bargains and actually use coupons if I have them.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

I love that show too! But I was dissapointed to see that some of the use for coupons just arent accepted where I live! Like when they bought 54 bottles of laundry soap, with a coupon for each?? At my stores they only double up to the first 3 coupons, and they only take coupons for the first 4 like items! Also some of the ladies were saying that some items with their coupons they actually made money back on! Not here, the coupons wont go over the price of item! they wont pay you to shop in their store! LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Default i was hoping...

When i first heard there was going to be this show i was excited, i was hoping that it would be a show that would show us how to do couponing. I mean sure i see coupons, i can look and see if it is on sale and go use it but i know there are many many who save a great of money. I want to know if there is a secret to it. I was extremely upset that there was so much selfishness (IMHO) i mean besides the very few who donated any of it. WHO needs 300 tubes of toothpaste! I guess i just have a giving soul. If i had the money to shop like that i would donate the excess of what i wouldnt use in like 6 months, know what i mean.
starlyte that was awesome..saving that much!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedovek View Post
When i first heard there was going to be this show i was excited, i was hoping that it would be a show that would show us how to do couponing. I mean sure i see coupons, i can look and see if it is on sale and go use it but i know there are many many who save a great of money. I want to know if there is a secret to it. I was extremely upset that there was so much selfishness (IMHO) i mean besides the very few who donated any of it. WHO needs 300 tubes of toothpaste! I guess i just have a giving soul. If i had the money to shop like that i would donate the excess of what i wouldnt use in like 6 months, know what i mean.
starlyte that was awesome..saving that much!!!

Hi! As I understand it, the secret is called coupon stacking. You find the sale price, then use a coupon, then whatever store rewards and other coupons (such as "save a dollar on your next order") and gift certificates you have to get your total down as low as you possibly can.

As another poster mentioned, stores have restrictions and it's best to ask about the coupon policies before shopping.

I agree, some people get terribly carried away. I don't think it's a bargain to have 84 packages of diapers when you have no baby or anyone else you can share them with! I guess that's why it's called "extreme" couponing!

I'd just love to go into a store and pay about $20 for $100 worth of stuff. That would make me happy!

Blinky :-)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Registered WAHM

If you sign up on couponmom.com, you will get an email every week telling you all of the deals for many of the stores. You can also check locally. They also give links to coupons that you can print and use. At Walmart they have recently changed their coupon policy and they do allow you to receive money back. There is limits on the coupons though. Also Meijer will let you use a manufacturer coupon plus one of the one's that you get at the checkout or print from online. The trick is basically to watch the sales and use coupons on sale items. One example is that Rite Aid is always having sales on Mentos for 50 cents. About once a month, in the local paper, I get a coupon for 50 cents off of Mentos. That is how they save the most money. I really don't know of any store in this area that gives discounts for buying several items at once. A lot of them also have a limit on how many coupons of a certain type that you can use also. Also take advantage of the reward programs at every store. Rite Aid, Kmart and many more. Watch for rebates on things too. I have saved a lot of money but I do not get totally free things very often. It does take a lot of time. There are many sites out there that give tips on how to keep your coupons in order. Many can be linked from couponmom.com but I just did a search when I was looking for ideas. I wish more people around here was interested because I would like to create some type of group that got together to share coupons once a week or month. It would give everybody an excuse to get out of the house and help with finances!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered WAHM

Another thing to remember when you say you do not need something is that prices are only going higher and our income is not. Do you want to buy the stuff now at a lower price or buy it later at a higher price? I personally would rather stock up on stuff that will not expire soon. A lot of canned goods are good for over a year if you look at the expiration dates. Hotdogs, lunch meats, cheese and many other things can be put in the freezer and used later too.