WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Thirty-One Gifts (https://www.wahm.com/forum/thirty-one-gifts-238/)
-   -   I finally saw new 31 products cute but (https://www.wahm.com/forum/thirty-one-gifts-238/746079-i-finally-saw-new-31-products-cute-but.html)

lani7 11-26-2014 05:42 PM

I finally saw new 31 products cute but

Being prolife, I read how 31 gives indirectly to Planned Parenthood by donating to YWCA, girls club
Etc ...
Being that it presents itself as a Christian company and markets it that way proverbs 31... I would think they would be so oppose to this.

Regardless of how it may help women in other ways ..in the end it is still providing abortion.
Obviously we can't track where all funds go but considering they Publicly say they are a faith base company why compromise this way... To those who are pro life ,,, what are your thoughts.
?

Leanne McGarr 11-27-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lani7 (Post 3238140)
Being prolife, I read how 31 gives indirectly to Planned Parenthood by donating to YWCA, girls club
Etc ...
Being that it presents itself as a Christian company and markets it that way proverbs 31... I would think they would be so oppose to this.

Regardless of how it may help women in other ways ..in the end it is still providing abortion.
Obviously we can't track where all funds go but considering they Publicly say they are a faith base company why compromise this way... To those who are pro life ,,, what are your thoughts.
?

Honestly this story is years and years old. Our founder has addressed these concerns many times over and I just am not even going to rehash this.

We do not give funds to promote abortion. We are in support of WOMEN and wherever they are in their lives. I honestly have never understood why people choose to attack our company and hold us to whatever THEIR standard is for Christian beliefs. There are many different beliefs among Christians as to what is right and wrong so to hold a whole company to whatever standard you (as in each person, not you particularly) decide is right or wrong is unfair.

Our company is Faith based-not Christian based. We have many consultants who are not Christian. We have unbelievers and we have Jewish people (who do not believe in Christ) and ALL are welcome in our company. Yes, many of our consultants are Christian. I am one of them. But one of our Christian directives is not to judge others (lest you be judged) and to love everyone as Christ loved them. We are supposed to LOVE and not decide who is doing right or wrong. Golden Rule "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Christ never forced His ways on others as well. Christ actually called the Pharisees (the ones who tried to enforce to rules over being nice and loving people) broods of vipers. He chose to eat with Tax Collectors (considered the most vile because they collected taxes for Caesar) and prostitutes over eating with the Pharisees.

So whenever I hear anyone trying to judge my company over their support of charities (whether they be the Girls Scouts or Girl Talk, Ronald McDonald House, etc.) it points out to me that someone is trying to force THEIR sense of right and wrong on others in the name of Christ is which HE never did. My feeling is that we are supposed to help others. We are supposed to LOVE others. Our Founder is just a wonderful and loving person. Certainly not perfect but she tries, and she prays for the right thing. I feel our company is blessed by God. I believe that is why we have grown to be one of top DS companies in the WORLD in less than 15 years-which is remarkable. I do not believe that we would have God's Blessing if we were doing something He was against.

So if someone doesn't want to buy 31 or be a consultant with 31 because we support multiple charities, I don't care. Don't buy it. That is THEIR choice. God has always given us FREE WILL. He didn't try to sway us or bully us or boycott us. He basically said You choose.

I do not believe in Abortion. I believe in Love and I believe that people should worry about what they are doing in their own lives and run their actions through their Jesus filter and see if they are acting like Christ or a Pharisee.

My opinion
Leanne

lani7 11-28-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanne McGarr (Post 3238186)
Honestly this story is years and years old. Our founder has addressed these concerns many times over and I just am not even going to rehash this.

We do not give funds to promote abortion. We are in support of WOMEN and wherever they are in their lives. I honestly have never understood why people choose to attack our company and hold us to whatever THEIR standard is for Christian beliefs. There are many different beliefs among Christians as to what is right and wrong so to hold a whole company to whatever standard you (as in each person, not you particularly) decide is right or wrong is unfair.

Our company is Faith based-not Christian based. We have many consultants who are not Christian. We have unbelievers and we have Jewish people (who do not believe in Christ) and ALL are welcome in our company. Yes, many of our consultants are Christian. I am one of them. But one of our Christian directives is not to judge others (lest you be judged) and to love everyone as Christ loved them. We are supposed to LOVE and not decide who is doing right or wrong. Golden Rule "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Christ never forced His ways on others as well. Christ actually called the Pharisees (the ones who tried to enforce to rules over being nice and loving people) broods of vipers. He chose to eat with Tax Collectors (considered the most vile because they collected taxes for Caesar) and prostitutes over eating with the Pharisees.

So whenever I hear anyone trying to judge my company over their support of charities (whether they be the Girls Scouts or Girl Talk, Ronald McDonald House, etc.) it points out to me that someone is trying to force THEIR sense of right and wrong on others in the name of Christ is which HE never did. My feeling is that we are supposed to help others. We are supposed to LOVE others. Our Founder is just a wonderful and loving person. Certainly not perfect but she tries, and she prays for the right thing. I feel our company is blessed by God. I believe that is why we have grown to be one of top DS companies in the WORLD in less than 15 years-which is remarkable. I do not believe that we would have God's Blessing if we were doing something He was against.

So if someone doesn't want to buy 31 or be a consultant with 31 because we support multiple charities, I don't care. Don't buy it. That is THEIR choice. God has always given us FREE WILL. He didn't try to sway us or bully us or boycott us. He basically said You choose.

I do not believe in Abortion. I believe in Love and I believe that people should worry about what they are doing in their own lives and run their actions through their Jesus filter and see if they are acting like Christ or a Pharisee.

My opinion
Leanne

Thanks for sharing Leanne. Ya I think the reason people are holding her
To a Christian standard is because as a founder she says she is a Christian. I believe when she says
Faith based I'm sure though every one is welcome; she is referring to Christianity.
Thus 31 as in Proverbs 31. There are some things that goes beyond us. Some things are just not relative based on our opinions but
Absolute based on God's standard found in scripture. One which is against abortion. Abortion kills life. Plain and simple. Also judging if something is right or wrong and saying something about it is not forcing. God calls us to judge all things based on His word. He also tells us not to judge which I think means in hypocrisy. Also we can't really judge a persons heart
All the time. I say all the time because some people I think is obvious like a murderer who tries to kill so many. The bible says you will know them by their fruits. The bible commands His children to go into the world to
Teach all that He commands. He commands obedience. We choose to obey or disobey. Thank God for His grace found in Jesus Christ alone. His blood that He shed on the cross is what saves people. Not our good works.
We repent trust surrender but we aren't saved because of our works. However, a true Christian will have a new heart to
Want to obey God. There are consequences for continued disobedience. Christians are called to love, exhort rebuke encourage etc one another in love as part of Gods plan to continue to mature those in Christ. That is just
One aspect but it is one.
But as far as joining 31 I realize everyone has their own conviction

Leanne McGarr 11-29-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lani7 (Post 3238232)
Thanks for sharing Leanne. Ya I think the reason people are holding her
To a Christian standard is because as a founder she says she is a Christian. I believe when she says
Faith based I'm sure though every one is welcome; she is referring to Christianity.
Thus 31 as in Proverbs 31. There are some things that goes beyond us. Some things are just not relative based on our opinions but
Absolute based on God's standard found in scripture. One which is against abortion. Abortion kills life. Plain and simple. Also judging if something is right or wrong and saying something about it is not forcing. God calls us to judge all things based on His word. He also tells us not to judge which I think means in hypocrisy. Also we can't really judge a persons heart
All the time. I say all the time because some people I think is obvious like a murderer who tries to kill so many. The bible says you will know them by their fruits. The bible commands His children to go into the world to
Teach all that He commands. He commands obedience. We choose to obey or disobey. Thank God for His grace found in Jesus Christ alone. His blood that He shed on the cross is what saves people. Not our good works.
We repent trust surrender but we aren't saved because of our works. However, a true Christian will have a new heart to
Want to obey God. There are consequences for continued disobedience. Christians are called to love, exhort rebuke encourage etc one another in love as part of Gods plan to continue to mature those in Christ. That is just
One aspect but it is one.
But as far as joining 31 I realize everyone has their own conviction

I think if you were a consultant and you were to get to see how Cindy works, you would see that she is not supporting Abortion. The main charities that we support are Girl Talk, Ronald McDonald House. As Consultants, just this year at our Director's Luncheon we raised over $30k in an hour for Girl Talk and our Thirty One Gives Foundation has raised ALOT of money for Ronald McDonald House, etc.

So to worry over what Thirty One Gives may have had some a little money trickle down to YEARS ago, I just think that is beating a dead horse. We are a very giving company and I am proud of that. I will stand before God proud being a 31 rep, host, and Customer.

Leanne

Rach1fun 12-02-2014 03:00 PM

why give any attention to this spam post? The title is misleading, and obviously baiting. Great response, though, Leanne!!

Leanne McGarr 12-02-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rach1fun (Post 3238683)
why give any attention to this spam post? The title is misleading, and obviously baiting. Great response, though, Leanne!!

You are right, I should have ignored it :)

cabimom 12-30-2014 08:51 AM

Your answer was perfect and supportive of the company you love! Great job! Happy New Year! :)

sue311 12-30-2014 12:26 PM

Okay, where is the LIKE button for Leanne :)