Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Becoming a consultant

I plan on becoming an consultant and can't wait! What do I need to know before I start? Also what kind of business supply items will I need? When I google all I can find is old blogs and info from '06-'12. Would love some new info. I see several people have work binders and love that idea. What do you have in yours? Thanks a bunch!!

Last edited by babychic; 07-07-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2015, 08:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by babychic View Post
I plan on becoming an consultant and can't wait! What do I need to know before I start? Also what kind of business supply items will I need? When I google all I can find is old blogs and info from '06-'12. Would love some new info. I see several people have work binders and love that idea. What do you have in yours? Thanks a bunch!!
Hello, babychic! I became a consultant in May. Everything you need to get you started will be in the enrollment kit (although there are a lot of additional supplies you could buy). In addition to all of the products shown (on the website or the back of a catalog), you will get a pack of catalogs, a pack of mini purse-size catalogs, order forms, hostess & monthly customer fliers, enrollment information pages, large pink envelopes, etc. You'll also get your Thirty-One website for three months (after that, you will have to pay for it).

Some things to consider - if you order right now, you'll receive the spring/summer kit. Some of the items you receive may be retiring. But - there are some really great incentives for consultants right now; they will help you build up your fall/winter inventory. If you wait a couple of weeks to order, you'll get the new fall/winter enrollment kit.

If you're not familiar with the products that come with the enrollment kit, you can find them on the back page of the catalog. Or visit a Thirty-One website (mine is www.TheBagsThatBless.com if you'd like to check it out), scroll down to the bottom and choose 2015 Spring/Summer Catalog (Print Version) under Catalog - go to the last page. That will show you all of the products that you'll get for the $99 (plus shipping, handling, & tax). It doesn't show you any of the business supplies, though.

I hope that answers some of your questions. Oh - you'll need to sign up under another consultant. She will be the person you contact with any questions or if you need any help. If you already have a consultant that you've ordered from and have a relationship with, visit her website & click on 'Become A Consultant'. If not, I believe they will assign you to one - or feel free to sign up under me. Congratulations on your decision to join - you will LOVE it!!! - Amber
Old 07-07-2015, 06:27 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Search through some of the posts here. I posted a comparison kind of between what you get by joining before the 20th and after. Honestly, since it is now the 7th, it would be hard for you to get your kit in time and have enough parties to earn the Ready Set Sell incentives we have going on right now. You COULD join now and order the Add On Kit. Either way, I would talk with your sponsor about when the best time to join is based upon your personal circumstances.

I do recommend that all of my new team members go ahead and purchase more catalogs and mini catalogs. Catalogs are $15 for a pack of 25 and Mini Catalogs are $6 for a pack of 40. These are your best tools to get the word out and develop interest in hosting a party to get you going.

Hope this helps!
Leanne
Old 07-07-2015, 01:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you both for the info. I have a consultant that I have been talking to and plan to sign up under she is really helpful, but she doesn't do it for a business she just does it to get the products. That is why I decided to join here and ask some of you my questions as well. I plan on signing up in the Fall sometime in Aug. Do either of you have work binders? They look super helpful and I plan on making me one. Just don't know exactly what all I should put in it. Also when it comes to computers will an IPhone or IPad work, or do I need a laptop? Another thing is that I would like to go on the website and act like I am going to join and just see what all I have to fill out. Will it let the consultant that I go under know that I started to join?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Thank you both for the info. I have a consultant that I have been talking to and plan to sign up under she is really helpful, but she doesn't do it for a business she just does it to get the products. That is why I decided to join here and ask some of you my questions as well. I plan on signing up in the Fall sometime in Aug. Do either of you have work binders? They look super helpful and I plan on making me one. Just don't know exactly what all I should put in it. Also when it comes to computers will an IPhone or IPad work, or do I need a laptop? Another thing is that I would like to go on the website and act like I am going to join and just see what all I have to fill out. Will it let the consultant that I go under know that I started to join?
You can go online and play around with it. I can tell you that you will need your bank account info where you would like your commissions deposited and also your debit/credit card info to pay for your kit. They will ask the standard questions-name, SS#, address, phone number, email, etc. You will be asked to download and accept 5 different areas of info before you submit your agreement. She won't be notified about anything unless you submit the agreement.

As far as a binder goes. I sort of have a binder. I have a binder where I keep my parties (hostess coaching checklists) and then I have a binder for my Leads to follow up with. You can easily just do sections in one binder.

Hope this helps
Leanne
Old 07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Registered WAHM

I just joined June 26th and got the spring kit. I didn't realize there was a new one coming out but I have been able to get in on the RSS and should have enough to get Level 1 and possibly Level 2.

I highly suggest doing a mystery host launch party. That is what I am doing and it is a biggest success so far than any of the parties I hosted myself before.

There was most everything in the package that you need in the enrollment. The only things that I am ordering are thirty one pens and then I am making thank you cards and doing labels for everything.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone so much!! My consultant is sending me the papers to fill out in the mail! I'm ready to get started. One more question I have is do I really need to have a launch party if I already have two people ready to do a party with me? Also if I do have a launch party what is better a home, catalog, or FB party?
Old 07-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Thanks everyone so much!! My consultant is sending me the papers to fill out in the mail! I'm ready to get started. One more question I have is do I really need to have a launch party if I already have two people ready to do a party with me? Also if I do have a launch party what is better a home, catalog, or FB party?
I just did a Facebook launch party with a mystery host so anyone that ordered was entered to win the hostess rewards. I thought it was a success.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
The benefit of having a launch party is so that you can earn host rewards to build your kit while also earning the commission on the sales. If you have ladies that are already going to host, it is still a good idea to have a launch party and invite ladies who will probably not be in the same group as your first hosts.

A home party is always the easiest to get future bookings over any other type of party simply because it creates the most excitement and gives you the best opportunity to present what a person can get when they host. You can overcome objections easier and develop relationships. There are many forms of parties but you have the best chance at higher sales with a home party.

HTH
Leanne
Old 07-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Congrats! You will LOVE being part of this amazing company! I agree with what the other ladies have said. Definitely do your own launch party so you can get more products to use/show/ or give as hostess gifts, etc. without having to spend money out of your pocket.

And, you will definitely want to purchase Fall catalogs, and of course, business cards