Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered WAHM

Question Thirty One vs Origami Owl

Hello!!

Im having a hard time deciding on these DS bc I like them both, any feedback you can give me?

Thank you so much!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2014, 12:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I sent my opinion as a private message.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:23 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliza View Post
Hello!!

Im having a hard time deciding on these DS bc I like them both, any feedback you can give me?

Thank you so much!!
I sure you will get biased opinions on either board I always say that you should sell what you love and believe in and have no problem standing up in front of people saying "You should buy this" and truly believe it.

Personally, I chose 31 because it was a product line that appealed to more than one type of buyer. Ladies that are on the go and need to be organized, ladies who want to organize their home, ladies going on vacations, ladies who need gifts, etc.

The price points are the biggest thing. Most of what we sell is $35 or less. Because of that and because the product appeals to different types of ladies, I have no problem getting bookings because hosts know their friends will like the product and can afford to buy the product.

I can sponsor easily because I believe in the products and the company. I know that anyone who joins will be treated well.

Hope this helps!
Leanne
Old 09-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Thank you so much for answering... I guess I have not signed up with 31 due to the comp plan compared with Origami Owl. I love what 31 stands for and love the bags but I am hesitant due to how much you can earn (lower % and my plan is to be able to ine day work it full time) and that my costumers would have pay 18% for shipping because I live in Puerto Rico. Otherwise I really like 31
Old 09-29-2014, 11:50 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliza View Post
Thank you so much for answering... I guess I have not signed up with 31 due to the comp plan compared with Origami Owl. I love what 31 stands for and love the bags but I am hesitant due to how much you can earn (lower % and my plan is to be able to ine day work it full time) and that my costumers would have pay 18% for shipping because I live in Puerto Rico. Otherwise I really like 31
I am not really aware of Origami's Compensation Plan. I know they make a higher amount on the lockets I think versus the charms (or vice versa!). Not sure about their Career Path.

I think the 18% could be a concern . Do you all pay Sales Tax in Puerto Rico? I know we have the higher percentage to Alaska as well but it works out the same really because they don't pay Sales Tax there. In my area, we pay the 8% plus 7% sales tax so it comes fairly close to being the same. (Some areas have higher sales tax than my area and some have less). Just not sure about PR. I know there is a large opportunity there as we don't have many consultants. That is probably true of OO also.

I think it comes down to what do you think you can sell on a regular basis. A higher commission on an item that doesn't sell easy is not any better than a lower commission on a popular item.

Which product do you think people would want to host a party for? Which product appeals to a variety of people? Which product will people be impressed with in person and be eager to buy again?

I think OO is doing well and they have a cute product. I can only say that I had a party with them last Fall and it was nice but I have what I want now and don't feel the need to purchase anything else from them. Other ladies may feel differently though.

if you want to make a significant income in this business, it comes down to building a team that will create residual income (earn a small percentage on the sales of your downline). It really adds up. I have been with 31 for 4 years now and the money I earn on my team is more than what I make on my personal sales.

When you first join, the significant amount comes from your personal sales but as your team grows and you keep working your business, it will begin to balance out and then it will invert in that your residual income will be more than your personal commission income.

Hope this helps!
Leanne
Old 09-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you Leanne!! We do have sales tax, is 7%... I guess that is why I am having such a hard time deciding because there is few consultants for 31 and so many of O2. Im praying about it, we''ll see.... thank you for responding!!

Jennis
Old 09-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered WAHM

I know, it's a hard decision. I can't decide either. I like thirty-one, Silpada and Initials, Inc. I would enjoy all of them. Not sure what I am going to do. Good luck! I am praying about my decision as well.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
WAHM Addict

I think you really do have to follow your passion.

For me, that choice would be easy. I have an entire box full of jewelry I NEVER wear. I can't even remember the last time I purchased jewelry for myself it's been so long.

Purses and handbags though? I have more of those than I do shoes. Seriously! I LOVE them. If that wasn't enough, and honestly it would have been, Thirty-One also has a great collection of beautiful thermals (we're always doing symphony in the park, game nights, family potlucks, and office pitch-ins), shopping bags, and organizational/storage bags (I don't know of anyone who can possibly have too many of these)!

But these are MY passions. I really do believe that the secret for success in any business is to find YOUR passion and build a business based on that. Some women love makeup, others love fitness shakes...there are even a few truly masochistic women out there who are passionate about cleaning (it takes all kinds to make the world go round ).

Which company leaves you afraid to share? Which one leaves you feeling like you want to tell the world?

Last edited by adbullock; 09-30-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Leanne is right - you need to sell what you love and have a passion for. For me if I have a passion for several things then it comes down to a business question. Which one am I more likely to have LONG TERM success at? Which company has had success? Which company is offering new and changing products so that I will have repeat customers?

To me the answer is obvious based on rankings, trends, etc., but then again I am a little biased as well.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Passion vs what people want

Any opinions? Should I sell what I am passionate about or what all my friends and family say they would buy? What if you have more people who want to host parties, but its with the product you don't have quite as much passion for? Thanks!

Tags
origami owl, thirty one