Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Default 2 questions: blogging and how to get a good upline

I know that 31 is pretty strict with consultants social media use and I get it, it makes sense. But what I am finding less clarification on is blogging. I've seen blogs where women talk about joining or their team and stuff like that and I know that you are not supposed to flat out sell stuff from your blog but where is the line? Would it be okay to say "I have this awesome 31 organizer, I use it for xyz, by the way, I'm a consultant, contact me for more info..." Or is that against the rules? I also know that there is a TON of stuff on pinterest so is it okay to post whatever I want there?

Also, how do you find a good upline? I know someone in another state that sells but I think it is more of a hobby. Do you recommend finding someone local? I really want someone who can really help me and isn't just keeping me for the commission.

And thank you guys so much for answering all my questions. I have so many and am the type of person who needs to be 100% sure about anything before I try it. Plus my husband is really on the fence about it so I need to have a good game plan to convince him that it is the right thing for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered WAHM

Red face Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaB View Post
I know that 31 is pretty strict with consultants social media use and I get it, it makes sense. But what I am finding less clarification on is blogging. I've seen blogs where women talk about joining or their team and stuff like that and I know that you are not supposed to flat out sell stuff from your blog but where is the line? Would it be okay to say "I have this awesome 31 organizer, I use it for xyz, by the way, I'm a consultant, contact me for more info..." Or is that against the rules? I also know that there is a TON of stuff on pinterest so is it okay to post whatever I want there?

Also, how do you find a good upline? I know someone in another state that sells but I think it is more of a hobby. Do you recommend finding someone local? I really want someone who can really help me and isn't just keeping me for the commission.

And thank you guys so much for answering all my questions. I have so many and am the type of person who needs to be 100% sure about anything before I try it. Plus my husband is really on the fence about it so I need to have a good game plan to convince him that it is the right thing for me.
I'm pretty new to the company, so I have only dipped my toes into the FB pool of social media. I'm pretty sure that the same rules apply to the bloggers though. I know that there have been some consultants that have had their social media pages before the current rules were put into place and they just haven't thought to update information or they just have dated post that are purely selling. There is a fine line how you can advertise. You could take a pic of your organizer in use, say grocery shopping. You could say something like "Shopping 31 style" in the caption. You can alert people on your fan page on FB about sales and such but it must be a private group. My suggestion is to contact your friend or someone in your area about going to the upcoming conference. Not sure if you can bring a guest, but I know that they have a class available on social media. (I don't do Pinterest, so I can't help there.) There are a TON of ways to market yourself so that you can build up clientele. If you work hard, it will pay off. That is what I'm consistently seeing from those that are in higher positions. They have all had bad spells, but they didn't give up. They worked hard to make it work for them.

As far as an upline, I suggest finding someone local, especially if you are a visual or a tactile learner. That way they can show you EXACTLY what to do for certain things. You can see them doing parties, social media, marketing, etc.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by kym31biz; 06-27-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 AM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretaB View Post

We are actually allowed to have blogs. The company even gives us images each month to post on Social Media as well.

I think the main thing about the rules is that you can talk about 31 but you directly ask for orders and things. You can direct them to your closed groups or website. Like on my personal page I might say "Having a fun guessing contact over on my VIP group. If you aren't a member, here is the link to request to join."

Honestly, there is still alot of grey area and you won't always get the same answer. What I do is practice moderation. I don't overdo anything. Really, the only ones that get called out are the ones who are blantantly breaking the rules or who are excessive with bombarding 31 on Social Media.

A blog is fine. On your blog, talk about products, talk about uses, run contests,etc.
You can put on there that you are an independent consultant and you can post your website in the About section or something like that.

As far as upline, you should find one that matches what you are wanting from your business. Personally, I would not recommend joining under someone who is not serious about her business. She can understand that you might not want to work your business at the level she does BUT she will have the resources in place to support you no matter what level you want. If you join a hobbyist or someone not consistent, then she will probably not invest in the resources needed to support her team. Location doesn't matter as much as Connection with your upline. Mine is states away but we talk all of the time. I mean, even if they are local, you still might not ever see them depending on the resources she has in place.

HTH
Leanne

Tags
blog, thirty one, upline